What you’ll be doing…
The Wireless Business Product Manager is responsible for driving commercial strategy for a portfolio of products within the Business Solution Store. The Product Manager will be responsible for discovery of new commercially viable 3rd party solutions that meet customers’ mobility needs, partner relationship management including negotiation of new agreements, onboarding of the partners into the Business Solution Store and coordination of go to market and lifecycle activities. The Product Manager may be tasked with coordinating channel strategy and delivery with one or more channel business operations teams (e.g., SMB, B2B, Telesales).
This role includes setting and communicating product strategy, establishing routes to markets/channels, and leading the resulting product management efforts. The Product Manager will also articulate Business Solution Store requirements for the channel, drive those requirements through agile product development processes, support commercial releases in collaboration with the business unit, and provide post-launch support.
A qualified candidate should have experience with developing, managing, or marketing products and services for Wireless customers. (S)he will have a track record working with software and services partners as well as SMB customers. The Product Manager will have a strong Wireless product development background and demonstrated experience at launching productivity services. Broad understanding of the Wireless industry or SaaS product sales a strong plus.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Communicating product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross functional teams
- Engaging with customers, sales, business unit marketing, and other stakeholders to define the requirements and roadmap
- Owning the business execution plan for assigned products and solutions, collaborating with business unit marketing and other teams for delivery of associated revenue and profitability goals
- Evaluating software and/or hardware solutions
- Driving new development initiatives from inception through launch including managing the product development launch process
- Identifying ongoing opportunities for operational efficiencies to ensure customer satisfaction, continued revenue growth and increased market share
- Driving quarterly business review with third party vendors to drive business objectives
- Resolving escalated support issues on behalf of customers
- Establishing and maintaining cross-functional relationships with other resources including Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Network, IT, Finance, Legal, and Got-to-Market.
What we’re looking for…
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of Product Management experience
- Experience managing partner relationships
- Experience working with SMB customers
- Broad understanding of Wireless industry and Wireless device technologies
- Project management skills to execute on roadmap, moving a project from inception to completion
- Strong problem solving capabilities – must be able to identify and escalate potential issues as well as implement recommended solutions
- Ability to create use cases with a focus on delivering a quality customer experience
- Polished written and oral communication skills to reach multiple levels of an organization
- Ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities
- MS/MBA preferred
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.