Mountain Creek Resort Inc –
Vernon, NJ 07462
To enhance the lives of our Team, our Guests and our Partners by building lasting connections. Contribute to reaching our full potential by following our company values. Accountable for the operation, and direct management necessary to achieve stated objectives in employee/guest safety, sanitation/cleanliness, equipment safety/repairs, sales/profitability, costs, employee retention and guest service satisfaction in the waterpark.
- Oversee cost controls and labor scheduling of Aquatics and waterpark operations, to optimize safety, service standards and maximize profitability.
- Monitor waterpark throughout shifts checking on safety concerns, guest satisfactions and lifeguard performances. Ensure that rotations are moving properly, complying with applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Participate in waterpark marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns. Work with Marketing to ensure it meets Resort standards.
- Advise on strategic direction and development of the Waterpark
- Serve as a focal point for audits and inspections by outside agencies ensure state regulations are being met.
- Fully understand and comply with all Federal, State, County and Municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of waterpark outlets/venues, employees and guests
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, and sanitation as well as create a positive, safe, productive working environment.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of rescue equipment for the waterparks and propose and make purchases when necessary. Ensure all purchases are within budget.
- Responsible for monitoring, recording, maintaining paperwork such as: Licenses, state forms, incident reports, lifeguard certification, etc.
- Continually strive to develop, coach, and train staff in all areas of managerial, safety and professional development in Waterpark. Ensure lifeguards are performing to the standards set forth by Aquatics management team. Train Supervisors in Aquatics to handle day-to-day operations in the absence of the Waterpark Manager.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept safe, clean and kept in excellent working condition through monitoring of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inspections and by following the equipment?s’ preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee to ensure that all guards are in the correct stations, certified and advise management of actions and potential risks within the waterpark.
- Conduct in-service classes and participate in afternoon anticipation meeting to ensure proper resort communication and information across all departments
- Develop, implement, and monitor programs that ensure a safe, clean facility and work environment that is in compliance with all appropriate regulations – Lifeguard, OSHA, Ergonomics, Emergency Response, Injury and Illness Prevention, Food Handling, and Hazard Communications. Train, Coach, and Monitor all staff service to the guest.
- Inspect and monitor venue ambiance to include cashier areas, food outlets, bars, floors, seating, cabanas, pools, bathrooms, signage and music.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Sports and Recreation, Hotel/Resort Management or related area from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management, waterpark or aquatics departments with progressive managerial and leadership responsibilities required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in management of large staff covering multiple shifts and facilities preferred.
- Previous lifeguard experience preferred.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
LICENSE/PERMITS REQUIRED: Ellis Instructor Certification status required. Certified Pool Operator Certification preferred. Current Professional Level Adult/Child/Infant CPR and AED certification. Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed