Banner Mitre 10 is a proud, family owned and operated
South Australian hardware supply network of stores.
- Join our winning team of over 200 staff across 10 sites in South Australia
- Be part of a family owned company, established over 36 years ago
- Great position
- Benefit from staff assistance programmes, staff discounts, opportunities to train to diploma level + bonus day off to celebrate your birthday
Great opportunity for a customer focused Truck Driver to join our Trade team located at our Mt Gambier site.
For over 36 years our family and staff have been servicing builders and tradies in South Australia.
Our people are committed to providing our customers with high levels of service and ensuring we provide the solutions needed on a project. Industry trained and experienced, we have specialists in each department who are willing to help where required.
With a network of hardware and building supplies stores, truss and frame manufacturing plants, a distribution centre and a home selection centre we offer a diverse range of career opportunities!
This is a multi-tasking role where, as the Truck Driver, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day deliveries of the Trade Department as well as working in the team as a Sales Assistant.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with WHS policies, procedures and safe work practices
- Delivery of building supplies and hardware product to client address
- Deliveries made in full and on time
- Pick-up of stock from suppliers
- Loading and unloading of truck
- Ensure delivery run is cost effective and efficient
- Prioritising customer requests
- Effective team member and ambassador for Banner Mitre 10
- High awareness of site safety and duty of care for team and customers
- Ability to work across a 7 day roster
- Provide GREAT service and advise customers on products and services
- Build relationships with customers and be able to identify their needs
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers
- Prepare customer quotes
- Manage stock levels, minimise shrinkage and stock loss
- Maintain correct stock tickets
- Perform stock refill
- Dock or machine timber
Requires skills and attributes:
- Minimum of 12 months delivery experience preferably in building supplies or construction industry
- White Card required
- Current forklift and MR drivers licence
- Current crane/dogging licence is desirable
- Practical mechanical knowledge is desirable
- Proven team skills
- Knowledge of timber and building supplies products
- Well-developed written and verbal skills
- Excellent organisational ability
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
- Strong understanding of WHS requirements
- Sales and trade background
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work within a team
We extend a high level of autonomy to our people and believe our company is a friendly and rewarding place to work.
Our people enjoy the benefits of a staff assistance programme, generous staff discounts, opportunities to train to diploma level and the bonus of a paid day off to celebrate their birthday.
Please submit a combined cover letter and resume telling us about yourself, your career achievements and why you see yourself working in the Banner Mitre 10 Hardware Group.
To learn more about Banner Mitre 10 visit www.bannermitre10.com.au
If you have a clear understanding of loading/unloading a truck, have an excellent delivery and customer service record and are looking for an opportunity to go beyond the customers’ expectation – we want to hear from you!