Transit Market Sector Leader TranSystems Corporation
Los Angeles, CA 90017
This is an opportunity to become an integral part of our national transit team, working with our national transit and freight rail leaders, as well as the local management team in California. While a significant portion of the work will be based in Southern California, some level of travel can be expected. The ideal candidate will possess strong client relationships and management skills, demonstrated leadership ability, strong technical experience and be adept at preparing and leading interviews, collaborating on project pursuits and consistently exceeding clients’ expectations. Solid client relationships in the local transit market is a must, relationships with freight railroads is a plus.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify, pursue, and win transit work in California through established relationships and technical expertise.
- Responsible for overall supervision and quality of those projects which are assigned. Assure projects conform to the contractual agreements the firm has made to our clients.
- Assure projects are completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
- Serve as Client Manager responsible for client development, project delivery and overall client satisfaction.
- Assist the California leadership in the implementation of the marketing plan and business development goals established for the firm.
- Provide team leadership. Plan, organize, and supervise the work of staff.
- Evaluate progress of the staff and results obtained and recommend changes to achieve overall objectives.
- Mentor other employees.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor’s degree in the civil or structural engineering field, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of 20 years of design and management experience in the planning and design of transit/rail infrastructure is required
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in California or ability to obtain in 6 months is required
Internal Number: 15261
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed