Only Natural Pet is looking for a territory manager to join our team that provides brand support services to PetSmart stores. The position will be responsible for building and managing a brand support program in a geographic region to promote sales of our products in PetSmart stores. In this role you will be based remotely with support from our corporate headquarters in Boulder, CO. The position will report to the Senior Field Operations Manager.
About Only Natural Pet
Only Natural Pet is a leading supplier in the natural pet supplies marketplace. Founded in 2004 in Boulder, Colorado, as an e-commerce business we now make 200 of our own highly popular Only Natural Pet branded products, including food, treats, supplements, and natural flea prevention & treatment – sold both online and in retail stores nationally.
At Only Natural Pet our mission is to support long and healthy lives for pets by providing truly natural products based on strict ingredient standards and formulas optimized for their physiology. Our goal is to be a trusted brand that pet parents can turn to by offering a wide range of products to serve most aspects of their pets’ lives.
In addition to our product-related goals, Only Natural Pet is dedicated to pursuing environmental and social objectives as part of our mission. We consider the impact on the environment in all aspects of our company, from product formulas and packaging to business operations to manufacturing partners. We strive for positive social influence by treating our employees as respected partners and contributing to our local community as much as possible.
- Manage execution of the PetSmart brand support strategy in your territory
- Build strong relationships with PetSmart store teams to increase product knowledge through employee training and in-store engagement
- Promote the sale of Only Natural Pet products through nutritional education, demonstrations, couponing, and event marketing
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Interview, hire, train and supervise a team of up to three territory demo representatives to support the Only Natural Pet in-store demo program
- Identify and engage the appropriate resources within the Only Natural Pet organization needed to support your role
- Be the first line of communication between the PetSmart stores in your territory and the Only Natural Pet team
- Travel to stores around your territory daily
- Manage expenses to maximize operational efficiency
- Support company effort to meet its sustainability goals related to the environment, employees, and community as outlined in the company handbook
- Be an integral member of the team that manages the Only Natural Pet brand, including providing input on long-term strategy based on the needs of PetSmart as communicated from the stores in your region
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years’ experience in the pet industry
- 2+ years’ experience working in or supporting retail stores
- Passionate about pets and their health
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a professional manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to quickly adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- A team player with ability to foster and maintain a positive team dynamic
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong computer and analytic skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation
- Travel requirements: 90% within designated territory
- Available to work most weekends
- Supervisory experience a plus
This is a full time, hourly position with a full benefits package, including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plans, and a generous product discount. Mileage and communications reimbursement also available.
Only Natural Pet offers a fun, easy going work environment that welcomes dogs! Employee input is always welcomed and heard. We support employee growth and are committed to creating a career path, promoting from within when appropriate. And we don’t stop with our employees; we are environmentally focused, with wind powered energy, carbon-neutral shipping, recycled paper, zero waste initiative, and other eco-friendly business practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Pet Industry: 2 years
- working in or supporting retail stores: 2 years
- supervisory: 1 year
- Chicago, IL