Etekcity is a rapidly expanding e-commerce retailer and IoT company specializing in everyday tech and gadgets, home goods, and outdoor equipment. Living up to our motto of “building on better living,” we’ve recently grown into additional markets with specialized brands: Levoit (wellness and style at home), Cosori (advanced and smart kitchenware for healthy living), and Zestkit (kitchen tools and gadgets). All our brands are powered by our in-house app for home automation, VeSync.
As we’ve grown, a number of our products have garnered industry attention. We’ve won CES Innovation Awards and the Red Dot Design award, and we expect to produce more award-winning ideas in coming years.
Through our core strengths in rapid design, innovation, and product development, plus our exceptional e-commerce and customer support, we’re constantly working to make a healthier lifestyle readily attainable. We boast a diverse workplace and amazing benefits. Come join the team as we build on better living.
Another Technical Writer position has opened up as we are in a super hyper growth mode. Our perfect candidate innately enjoys explaining and helping others and has a knack for technical writing with a side of creativity. He/She will develop, gather, and disseminate technical information to our customers, designers, and manufacturers. Working closely with our creative marketing team, engineers, and product managers, you will develop easy-to-follow, understandable content for our customers to produce high-quality product manuals as well as support technical documentation. We have many smart home products, small kitchen appliances and other home good devices/ products. Love to write that helps other understand better? We want to hear from you! Etekcity provide platinum level benefits and are 100% covered for our employees. We also put a strong emphasis and being well fed. : ) Come, grow with us in #BuildingonBetterLiving.
**TO BE CONSIDERED INCLUDE LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO OR PROVIDE TECHNICAL WRITING SAMPLES.**
- Determine end user needs and write user manuals based on the technical documentation
- Study product samples and learn about products from the product managers and testers
- Work with technical staff to make product functions easier to understand
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Create user documentation for a variety of material, including user manuals, how-to guides, and video scripts
- Ensure technical verbiage is easy and understandable to various audiences
- Write clear and concise policies and procedures
- Plan with designers to use photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Standardize manual content across platforms and media
- Provide updates of written content as necessary
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Technical writing for user manuals is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and excellent writing skill
- Ability to work in team settings and multitask
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Job Type: Full-time