Take the next step in your career and use your Cheddar & Mozzarella expertise to deliver future technology and line solution needs to our customers.
We are now seeking an expert in cheddar and mozzarella processing to work with our customers in the cheese industry to ensure we deliver the solutions they need to be successful. You will translate customer needs into line solutions during the exploration stage and drive line solution improvements. You will use your knowledge of market trends to develop future technology and best practice guidance.
By traveling to customer sites, you will conduct gap analyses and work to provide best practice solutions. Your strong customer focus and communication skills will be pivotal in delivering optimal processes and advanced technology. This position is ideally located in Winsted, MN and relocation is available. Other locations like Europe will be considered.
- Increase efficiency of pre-project activities by adequately manging sales phase engineering capability and competency
- Together with the Sales department evaluate, propose and fix the design criteria based on customer process parameters and other specifications; and handling critical factors and engineering challenges
- In cooperation with the Portfolio Managers design concepts and customizations
- Visit customers and Market Companies, customers and other sources, together with Sales Support Managers, to collect technical and performance data and gather new or modified design parameters, explain line designs or discuss the setup of line solutions
- Scouting for new developments/techniques in relevant area of responsibility
- Creating decision-criteria for quotation product and technology selection and evaluation
- Prepare inputs for Portfolio Manager and/or TPM to help define customisation / options which occur during project realisation and impact on future product development
- Support Portfolio Manager with proposals and recommendations for R&D development / product improvement projects
- Support Product Manager in Competence Development program (training); internal and external
- Lead a small team of Technologists and be responsible for team and individual performance and resource planning
- Contribute to Marketing activities to promote solutions and products from the portfolio
- Works with Cheddar and Mozzarella Portfolio Managers to create and maintain sales promotion material, including customer presentations, beat sheets, ROI-calculations and price-book information
- Works with Cheddar and Mozzarella Portfolio Managers to develop sales arguments and a full sales toolbox
- Continue to work with Cheddar and Mozzarella Portfolio Managers to compile, develop distribute competitor intelligence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Food Technology/Science is required
- Experience in the design and optimisation of processes for the manufacture of cheese
- Deep knowledge of cheese making processes
- Working knowledge of cheese production facilities and design requirements for robust ingredient processing
- Understanding the regulatory requirements e.g. Codex, USDA and other governmental regulations
- Ability to interpret cheddar and mozzarella market trends into future technology and line solution needs
- Hand on leadership experience of cheddar and mozzarella manufacturing is preferred
- You should:
- Be able to work across boundaries
- Have a strong customer focus
- Have a natural ability to motivate others
- Be able to show agility and navigate through ambiguity
- Be able to learn on the fly
- Able to between 30-50% of the time.
- Strong English language skills is required
Please submit your application at www.tetrapak.com/career as soon as possible but no later than June 25, 2018.
Requisition ID: 44050 | EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Hutchinson
Nearest Secondary Market: Glencoe
Tetra Laval International is the holding company and financial support and control function for the Tetra Laval Group and its three…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed