Targets Technician (41) TRAX Test Services
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
Represents Target Operations in a wide variety of areas within the test range environment. Assists with the execution of field test operations for various aircraft, sensor, and electronic warfare operations and test programs. Coordinates multiple support activities performed by various YPG elements as well as external organizations for test programs. Coordinates placement, set-up and/or calibration of targets, instrumentation, data acquisition systems, and other equipment required for test execution. Assists Test Officer in the timely conduct of testing activities and in the completion of reporting milestones. Responsible for test set up, coordination and execution of various tests within the Aviation Systems & Electronic Test Division. Maintains control of target array and ensures target operations are executed in accordance with test plan and operational procedures and instructions. Works with Test Officer to implement requirements for placement and operation of target vehicles. Operates various types of both foreign and domestic tactical wheeled and tracked target vehicles and unmanned air vehicle targets. Requires working outdoors in a variety of adverse climatic conditions including hot, dry, and dusty environments. Work schedule will sometimes require extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary. Performs other duties as required to complete assigned mission. Qualifications
Pay Rate: $19.96/hour
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirements.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holiday, and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license without special restrictions.
- Must be able to obtain an Arizona Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) within 90 days of hire and maintain for the duration of
employment in the section.
- Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
- Must be able to speak, write, read, and understand English.
- Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
- Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
- Must use down-time to the benefit of test, self, and company.
- Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
- Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
- Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
- Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
- Must be able to work both as part of a team and individually.
- Must have 2 years of directly related experience in the field or equivalent Military experience.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with operating remote control air systems such as the DJI Phantom quadcopters, Opterra Flying Wing, or other similar drone air vehicles.
- Must have experience with RC, telemetry, video transmitters, receivers and associated software.
- Have ability to acquire, possess and maintain an FAA Part 107, Remote Pilot Certificate.
- Must be able to assist, conduct, and adapt to a variety of tests using established procedures.
- Must possess computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to use and follow technical manuals.
- Must be able to travel for off-site duties up to 30% of the time and remain at travel location for up to 3 weeks at a time.
- Must provide any common hand tools necessary for assigned tasks.
- Must be able to use two-way radio, e-mail, and cellular phone for communications.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
- Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for the Target Operations section.
- Must be able to work in adverse outdoor weather conditions such as hot, cold, dusty, and windy environments.
- Must be able to work long and varied hours.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must be capable bending, kneeling, sitting, squatting, crouching, stooping, and standing frequently and/or for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of climbing on top of, into, and scoot underneath large vehicles, up to 8-10 feet high.
- Arizona Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related hands on experience in the operation of foreign and domestic military combat and tactical vehicles.
- Knowledge of military systems, accounting procedures, and logistics.
- Experience in troubleshooting UAS electronic systems, fault isolation/diagnosis, and ability to read, comprehend and follow technical data including drawings, schematics and blue prints.
- Knowledge of FAA Airspace regulations.
- Possess Level II Ammo Certification.
- Mechanically inclined.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Other Job Information (if applicable) •TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
- TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- TRAX Test Services also encompasses three subcontracts to include: VETS, Westech, and Spiral. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the three subcontracts.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed