FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO 3D Machine Vision Business is seeking for a Solutions Automation Engineer . The Solutions Automation Engineer works with FARO 3D Machine Vision customers, partners, internal sales teams and suppliers to utilize the latest technologies to integrate the FARO line of products and solutions using robotics, motion and automation offers into complex applications.
Primarily providing technical subject expertise to support the sales process, create concepts, and work with the FARO 3D machine vision Applications centers to provide solutions to the problems our customers face. The SAE will be a key member of the 3D Machine Vision commercial team.
If you enjoy understanding customer’s technical problems, and can use your skills to provide concepts, you will define with the customer the best implementation of the system platform, explain and demonstrate the technical advantages of the architecture. Answer deep technical questions on integration/ compatibility of components inside an architecture
Technologies used in this position include high accuracy metrology, high level automation, 2D and 3D machine vision, optical devices, specialty conveyors, robotics, end of arm tooling, 3D modeling, and simulation.
You as the Solution Automation Engineer will be responsible for multiple opportunity projects and will concept, research, provide sales and applications support, estimating, and component selection.
This opportunity is based Remotely and Lake Mary, FL.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
The 3D Machine Vision team is a vertical business within FARO, and is focused on helping and contributing to FARO’s success by creating a group targeted to provide Machine Vision solutions.
The Solutions Automation Engineer will be part of the Sales team, will report to the Zone Business Development Director, and be a vital part of the success and growth of the organization.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Support Account Managers, Business Development Managers with Subject Matter Expertise
- Convert customers to FARO Solutions
- Help our customers to be successful in their specific markets.
- Contribute to project teams, providing help outside of automation scope when required.
- Establish beneficial relationships with our key supplier products and services.
- Develop new implementation techniques or equipment that will help maintain and grow FARO 3D Machine Vision as a leader in our industry.
- Capable to Program PLCs and HMIs per customer specifications
- Use Software tools, to generate schematics, and edit models for system simulations and HMI displays
- Develop and implement standard practices to ensure quality improvement and cost reduction
- Provide technical Support for applications, sales and marketing when necessary
- Create Functional Specifications
This position requires:
- Technical Degree and 5+ years’ experience preferred – or –
- Bachelor of Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering. 2+ years’ experience preferred
- Commercial experience required.
- Experience with Robotic Automation (ABB, Fanuc, Kuka, or Yaskawa),
- Experience with Machine vision and sensors
- Experience with Automation technologies, PLC, HMI, Motion, VFD.
- Aptitude for Hands on Electrical and Mechanical troubleshooting
- 2D and 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.) a plus
- Extremely computer literate with MS Office products
- Awareness and use of Salesforce.com
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
- Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities
- Wellness fairs
- Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various issues affecting their lives
- Other employee events
With more than 26,000 installations and 13,000 customers globally, FARO develops and markets computer-aided coordinate measurement and imaging devices and software. Portable equipment from FARO permits high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and compound structures within production and quality assurance processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and assemblies, production planning, 3D documentation, as well as for investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes. They are also employed to generate digital scans of historic sites.
Principal products include the world’s best-selling portable measurement arm – the FaroArm®; the FARO® Laser Tracker ION; the FARO Laser ScanArm®; FARO® Laser Scanner; the FARO® Gage; and, the CAM2 family of advanced CAD-based measurement and reporting software. FARO Technologies is ISO-9001 certified and ISO-17025 laboratory registered.
If you have a winning history of Technology and understanding Client base experience with a passion for high-end technical products, please apply today. As an employee of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V