Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based out of our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for applying quality tools and the Eaton Quality Management System to improvement the quality of products, meeting quality goals and metrics, and driving corrective and preventive actions to improve the customer experience.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare management reports on quality metrics to understand trends and drive actions.
- You will implement local, divisional, and corporate policies to meet the needs of the plant.
- You will be responsible for using quality tools, statistical analysis, carrying out root cause analysis, process capability studies, implementing preventive actions, creating control plans, and applying mistake-proofing methodologies.
- You will maintain and improve inspection processes and methodologies to be more representative of the quality of products.
- You will utilize working knowledge of GD&T and Measurement System Analysis
- You will provide for control and disposition of discrepant material through the plant material review board.
- You will provide assistance and contact to suppliers on problems and corrective actions.
- You will carry out internal audits, participate in continuous improvement projects, support lean and safety initiatives, and implement Eaton’s Quality Management System.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelors’ of Science degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a quality function in a manufacturing environment.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 mile radius of Eden Prairie will be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Bachelors’ of Science degree in industrial, mechanical or manufacturing engineering from an accredited institution
Master’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering from an accredited institution.
5+ years of experience working in the quality function in a manufacturing environment.
Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
Lead or Internal Auditor for ISO 9001:2015
Knowledge of CMM and other precision measuring equipment.
Knowledge of Microsoft office, PCDMIS, Minitab, and/or SPC.
Proven ability to use quality and statistical analysis tools to solve problems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
👋 We recommend using Indeed Prime. When you sign up, your profile will receive immediate exposure to leading companies looking for talent. They even offer free job assistance from one of their dedicated career coaches to help you find your dream job. It’s a completely free service, so check it out and begin exploring amazing job opportunities. Get this opportunity now!