Senior Manager Brand Strategy
dick clark productions –
Santa Monica, CA 90404
dick clark productions, the world’s largest producer of televised live event programming is looking for a brand strategist to join its forward thinking, top notch Brand, Marketing, & Digital Strategy team. The Senior Manager, Brand Strategy reports directly to the Vice President, Brand Strategy and Integrated Marketing. This position is based in Santa Monica.
As a member of the department, the Senior Manager is an integral part of the team tasked with developing and managing fully integrated revenue-based partnerships for dick clark’s slate of music and entertainment televised events.
The Senior Manager, Brand Strategy, is primarily responsible for packaging show inventory and outlining topline creative ideas for prospective and incumbent clients following proactive efforts from the sales team, brand briefs, and/or RFPs submitted for consideration. Strong ability to communicate the logic and benefits of the proposed program to prospective clients through keynote presentations, outlines, and/or through creative briefs within a short timeline is a key requirement.
The Senior Manager will also have an integral role in the creation of comprehensive sales materials in an effort to continue revenue growth and retention.
As a key member of the team, the Senior Manager will work closely with their Content Strategy and Partnerships counterparts receiving insights and perspective on available inventory and to inform and influence the development of brand strategies for prospect partners.
The Senior Manager will also work closely with their Creative Content and Production counterparts respectively on the development of creative for the advertising and/or sponsorship campaigns they are working on as well as the coordination of campaign executions (as required).
The Senior Manager will also attend calls, meetings and complete tasks at the direction of the department’s EVP.
- Report to and communicate daily with the VP of Brand Strategy
- Identify and develop client brand strategies primarily across DCP’s core slate of live programming: New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, The Golden Globe Awards, Academy of Country Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards and The Streamy Awards
- Implement strategy into sales materials for presentations to incumbent and prospective clients
- Develop and discuss formulated brand strategies with Valence stakeholders and strategists from Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter and MRC
- Develop and discuss creative with internal DCP teams to ensure feasibility. Internal teams include but are not limited to production, PR, legal and finance
- As instructed by their supervisor, discuss both brand strategy and creative with DCP partners including Academy of Country Music, Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Times Square Alliance and broadcast network partners (namely ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX)
- Attend sales calls and meetings at the direction of the EVP and VP of brand strategy
- Help transition (and/or continuous coordination as required) of sold business to required execution teams
- Support account management/execution on-site during events as required
- In conjunction with the Vice President and other Senior Manager, manage the duties of the Coordinator, Brand Integration Strategy
- 3-6 years of proven client/brand strategy experience or other relevant experience (preferably from a broadcast network, brand, publisher, or production company)
- Experience with/passionate about live events is a must
- Passion for television, music, fashion, and all things pop culture is a must
- A demonstrated, innate understanding of social media content and platforms both on the editorial and paid ends
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while delivering results
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts
- Commitment to excellence: working non-standard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy
- Motivated and passionate team-player interested in working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to communicate the logic and benefits of an idea, decision, project to managers, reports, and counterparts
- Strong analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively and a healthy appreciation for the unknown
- Experience developing ideas that forge strong emotional connections between brand and consumer
- Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment
- An enthusiastic google doc/sheet user
- Strong experience using Keynote
- Working knowledge of design programs (e.g., Photoshop)
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. No Agencies Please
dick clark productions is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed