Sales Manager, Foodservice and Hospitality National Restaurant Association
The National Restaurant Association, one of the most influential business associations, has dynamic opportunity for a proven sales performer to drive revenue growth of our Training & Certification products in non-traditional food service and hospitality markets.
If prospecting and relationship-building are in your DNA, and you bring a track record of sales success within the restaurant/foodservice/hospitality industry, we want to hear from you!
As the Sales Manager, Food Service and Hospitality, you will lead and manage relationships with key partners across retail, convenience stores, grocery and healthcare/senior living environments; work directly with customers and 3rd party distributor relationships and support allied associations and other industry partners. In addition, you will identify opportunities and conduct analysis to determine business growth potential, manage the sales cycle and assist in creating and implementing objectives and strategic sales plans for the assigned territory.
- Develop and grow existing customers and maximize profitable sales; Identify product gaps, product opportunities, knowledge of account set up, establish performance agreements and target customers. Develop tactical plans for achieving sales objectives. Make sales presentations to all customers.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Assist in developing targeted sales plans for the territory and key accounts as assigned, annually:
- Accountable for specific volume/revenue objectives by product and Key Accounts
- Identify and incorporate target market segments into objectives to reach required goals
- Identify Key Account penetration opportunities and execute plan
- Develop Key Account acquisition targets and execute plan to reach required objectives
- Identify regulatory opportunities at the state and local level
- Incorporate new product and market opportunities into plans
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and execute campaigns targeted at account penetration at the corporate and franchise level
- Provide account contacts with necessary training and support to roll out programs on a regional and national basis
- On a quarterly basis, conduct business analyses and reviews with all key constituents:
- Track and analyze volume/revenue projections by territory, product, and Key Accounts
- Develop plans of action to offset any shortfalls
- Conduct expense review and make necessary adjustments
- Develop instructor/proctor network and strategies by account. Motivate and train on NRA products and processes.
- Responsible for effectively negotiating/administering all pricing and program contracts within assigned territory. Participate in the contract audit process to ensure compliance and renewal as appropriate.
- Maximize account profitability by ensuring compliance to agreed upon pricing and account receivable terms. Collaborate with accounting function and assist with collections of account receivables.
- Integrate complex activities within his/her area and across the organization in order to achieve the area’s operating goals.
- Work as part of Sales team to accomplish Association goals.
- Assist Channel Vice President to accomplish departmental goals.
- Support all internal team members and departments following the Association mission and values while promoting Association culture.
- Up to 50% travel; 30% travel after initial training period.
- Work on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
- Effectively manage travel budget.
- Provide timely and effective communication to Channel Vice President – Food Service and Hospitality, recapping sales and promotional activity, reporting business opportunities, results, trends and competitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business or related discipline.
- 5+ years developing sales goals and objectives required; knowledge of restaurant/hospitality industry preferred.
- Sales Database, CRM, SalesForce experience preferred.
- Proven ability to generate sales and grow revenue.
- Ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs at the highest levels of business.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong business and stakeholder relationship building experience.
- Functional experience in Sales.
- Highly effective communication skills, including written and presentation; showcases clear and concise manner.
- Computer proficiency across Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications. Ability to learn other computer software programs, and enter and maintain accurate data/information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records
- Financial management and budgeting skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Proven interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently.
- Demonstrative abilities in collaborative team building and consensus.
- Advanced analytical, research and critical thinking skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed