Sales and Service Representative
Independent Batteries Distributors –
In this role you will sit behind the wheel of small truck each day travelling from one customer to another. You will enjoy the freedom of managing your own territory.
Make no mistake though; this job is a front line customer service representative! You will care for our customers in the field and grow the territory’s sales.
Your main Duties:
- Provide reliable customer service by following a scheduled call plan;
- Build lasting relationships with customers;
- Handle and deliver automotive batteries and associated products on a daily basis;
- Work safe and follow safety procedures;
- Increase sales to existing customers;
- Achieve targets for the number of units sold in your territory;
- Manage stock levels;
- Be responsible for inventory under your care, be that on your truck or at the customer’s premises;
- Use administrative tools from manual dockets to mobile devices such as a tablet;
- Help introduce new products and promotions to the trade.
Our 3 ‘must haves’ for you:
- Truck Licence – you hold a valid MR Licence;
- Reliability – you can follow a call plan; our customers tell us their #1 priority for you is that they can set their clocks by your call plan;
- Customer Focused – you are observant, a good listener and pleasant to work with; experienced in direct customer contact.
If you’ve got our must haves, read on………. if not, then this job may not be the one for you!
If you have experience as a route driver in the delivery of food, building products etc this job is ideal.
As a person, you have the following talents, you:
- are reliable and helpful;
- are good with detail and accuracy;
- take personal ownership of your duties and performance;
- maintain a balance between being competitive and cooperative;
- work in a team, but are also able to work alone and unsupervised;
- like routine yet can still be flexible at times;
- follow policies and legislation involving conduct, safety and dangerous goods.
If you enjoy responsibility, can follow instructions and take pride in delivering high levels of customer service to a customer base that become like friends, this the likely job for you.
We will contact only shortlisted candidates.
No recruitment agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
License or certification:
- MR Truck Licence (Required)
Please review all application instructions before applying to Independent Batteries Distributors.