Regional Director of Operations The Restaurant Republic
$58,000 – $61,000 a year
The Restaurant Republic manages the operations for a group of family-owned restaurants located in the San Gabriel Valley, CA. Currently, the restaurants are Paco’s, a sit-down Mexican food operation established in 1947 and located in Arcadia, CA; City Café, established in 2000 , a sit down high-end American cuisine operation located in Azusa, CA; and Lucky Boy, a fast-food operation established in 1961 and located in Pasadena, CA (unless otherwise referred, the “restaurants” or the “restaurant”) It is the aim of the Restaurant Republic to expand its management contracts in connection with the opening of restaurants in other locations and regions by the core family.
Independent from its restaurant managerial contracts, the Restaurant Republic also conducts a catering service operation that draws from the foods prepared at, or by, Paco’s, City Café and Lucky Boy, and it seeks to develop and expand such operations exponentially.
The Regional Director of Operations (“RDO”) is employed by the Restaurant Republic to oversee and direct the management of the restaurants in compliance with the management agreements between each of the restaurants and the Restaurant Republic and to oversee and manage the catering operation including its expansion. The RDO is empowered to create a dynamic culture and environment that encourages teamwork, pride and a winning attitude. The RDO is responsible to directly manage the restaurant managers to ensure compliance with applicable business unit policies, practices and objectives, and to support and ensure that all restaurants under the Restaurant Republic umbrella operate within health department, ABC, and labor guidelines (“HAL”), while meeting/exceeding sales and profitability objectives established during the budgeting process. Further, the RDO is responsible for restaurant Manager selection, development, and meeting company retention goals; managing and making certain the functions of each restaurant has coverage during opening, mid or closing shifts. Key responsibilities include hiring; terminating; managing; supervising and training restaurant team members; ensure gold standard guest experiences; develop and implement cost and internal controls systems with company Finance Director.
Under California labor and wage standards, the he RDO is classified as exempt fro overtime payment obligations on the part of employer-company. As an exempt manager, the RDO must spend more than 50% of his or her time performing managerial duties and must regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion on matters of consequence to the restaurants.
- Maintains communication with all restaurant managers in the quality of their operations.
- Provides counsel on improving operational performance.
- Supports and advises all managers on MIT (manager-in-training); management development; and provides direction to improve the pace of team, and individual development.
- Executes regular on-site evaluations of the HAL, Service and Quality standards with the restaurant managers
- Oversees and directs the activities of the managers and the restaurant management teams to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Supervises regular management performance evaluations to ensure development of all managers.
- Responsible for the selection and on-boarding of new MITs and the monitoring of their training progresses in assistance with their graduation to a home restaurant under the Restaurant Republic umbrella of restaurants.
- Liaison between the field (RMs, team members and guests), the Home Office and any other appropriate support departments.
- Organizes personal/professional speakers and seminars for management development and ongoing education.
- Ensures sufficient cost and internal controls to achieve budget and profit projections and goals.
- Responsible for developing local store marketing strategies for all area restaurants.
- Operational Execution:
- Perform Open/Mid-Day/Closing duties
- Conduct daily briefings on matters of importance to the team
- Manage all necessary repair and maintenance issues concerning each restaurant subject of oversight by the Restaurant Republic
- Manage the Restaurant Risk Review audit process and implement necessary changes
- Manage marketing for community programs such as the existing Give-Back Program, Taste of [various cities] public food events, and other charitable events as may be determined from time to time by the Restaurant Republic
- Facilitate and participate in Continuing Education Programs
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws
- Make recommendations concerning development, promotion, and disciplinary action affecting team members
- Food & Beverage Execution
- Ensure safety and sanitation
- Monitor food and beverage quality and execution
- Conduct Quarterly Food Reviews
- Prepare and receive orders of food and beverages
- Conduct weekly inventories to ensure that proper levels are stocked and to assess ordering patterns and changes
- Monitor and validate daily prep production
- Team Member Relations
- Train, coach, mentor, and discipline hourly team members
- Monitor facilitate team member recognition
- Cross-train personnel from all restaurants, in the discretion and judgment of the RDO, to interchange catering work to ensure optimum catering delivery and performance
- Service Execution and Guest Relations
- Hire and terminate personnel as necessary and appropriate
- Develop and lead the Catering Department with the existing team, including but not necessarily limited to delegations of personnel and work to ensure the efficient performance of the catering job and to achieve customer satisfaction at every catered event.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years restaurant operations experience
- Proven track record and success managing multiple units/stores
- Experience working in a full service, multi-unit environment
- Combination of both front of the house and heart of the house management experience
- Proven track record in successfully training and developing people
- Experience with Kitchen thru-put (efficiency) processes in a multi-unit environment
- Experience and proven track record in managing a budget, cost controls to increased revenue and profitability
- Must live/move to the market
- Bilingual capability a plus
- Travel Requirements (tbd)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00 to $61,000.00 /year
Required work authorization:
Please review all application instructions before applying to The Restaurant Republic.
This employer accepts applications via Indeed.
37 seat restaurant & bar. Offers traditional and new American food. Provides trays-to-go and catering.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed