Regional Business Director – West Region, Prostate Cancer Pfizer
The Regional Business Director- West position is responsible for leading Pfizer US Oncology Sales efforts for the Prostate Team ~50% of the United States
- Report into the US Commercial Lead and have dotted line reporting to the Account Management Lead for the OBU as a member of the NA ONC Sales Council.
- Design, rollout, monitoring & dynamic evolution of sales representative incentive compensation structure in partnership with Global Commercial Operations
- Active partnering with OBU Account Management and Managed Markets leaders to develop and implement holistic, integrated and compliant business plans at regional, district and local levels
- Active partnering with HQ-based marketing leaders & teams to shape brand/customer strategies and initiatives to drive demand and meet customer needs
- Active partnering with promotional partner, Astellas, to ensure alignment and synergistic approach to sales execution to deliver enhanced value to customers
- Continued innovation of the customer-facing commercial model, including refinement of sales representative role definition, capability development, training needs and product responsibilities.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Oncology Sales organization in ~half of the US; develop and lead the execution of selling strategies enabling the region to drive revenue and achieve sales targets.
- Provide analysis, insight and direction on priorities and quarterly goals to attain revenue targets.
- Ensure sales forecast and operational budgets are achieved
- Ensure successful, compliant selling activities of in-line products
- Develop Regional strategies and tactics in collaboration with product teams to provide optimal financial return
- Lead region and provide innovative recommendations for the nation to determine, influence and validate sales execution and resource allocation
- Ensure the growth, development and effectiveness of Area Business Managers consistent with organizational expectations
- Develop change agile organization to effectively and consistently deliver results in changing competitive, market and economic landscapes
- Create a high performing organization through talent planning and career development
- Recruit qualified talent and assists in development of high potential employees.
- Build a network of physician and industry contacts to compliantly represent Pfizer and the PC business.
- Proactively work with Sales training team, ensuring all adequate training programs are coordinated.
- Comply with all Corporate Policies and Procedures, while conducting all job-related activities with integrity and adherence to Pfizer’s high standards of business conduct.
- 12+ years of pharmaceutical experience (including sales leadership and/or KAM leadership experience).
- Oncology and/or Marketing experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability both to think strategically and to execute flawlessly to deliver results
- Demonstrated sales, sales management and sales leadership expertise
- Prior leadership role in a promotional partnership (i.e. – Astellas) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, develop, write, communicate and monitor the execution of business plans
- Strong track record of collaborative and motivational leadership and internal stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Successful track record of program management and leadership in cross functional teams
- Understand people dynamics and interface; how to engage and motivate
- Enterprise thinking; anticipates consequences
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
- Field-based within boundaries of Region preferred
- Significant Travel required, ~50%+
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 22, 2018
- Additional Location Information: Geography Covers western 2/3 of United States
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
- Eligible for Relocation Package: Yes
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. We apply science and our global resources to deliver innovative therapies that…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed