The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the overall quality system of the organization. Responsibilities include managing the day-to-day quality operation activities of the Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineers, as well as performing continuous improvements to exceed the AS9100 standard requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set goals and objectives for the functionality of the Quality Assurance Department
- Review and approve the manufacturing planning used for production
- Review quality system documentation, identify deficiencies, plan the fix, train, and implement.
- Careful review of drawings, data, engineering, and customer requirements for inspection goals.
- Determine root causes, define and implement corrective actions.
- Clearly convey non conformances to customers using a variety of formats.
- Review customer documentation to ensure the requirements are accurately and correctly stated to prevent any negative scenarios during the manufacturing process.
- Understand and implement customer-specific requirements.
- Write plans and procedures as well as convey their intent to employees.
- Design, write, and implement effective procedures and work instructions
- Effectively communicate job instructions both verbally and written in English
- Minimum 10 years of experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Precise and detailed knowledge of required Quality Department functions such as: Traceability, Calibration / Metrology, Document Control / Revision, Inspection Methods and deployment, MRB, and Defect root cause and corrective action
- In-depth understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. Ability to properly interpret and apply GD&T to drawings per the requirements of ASI Y14.5
- Familiarity with Aerospace and Manufacturing working environments
- Self-reliance and initiative in seeking new jobs and challenges.
- High degree of skill with mechanical inspection.
- Ability to both supervise and perform inspections as needed.
- Ability to review contract documents, drawings, and quality clauses to ascertain data package requirements.
- Ability to handle source inspection and customer quality organization interface.
- Ability to focus and maintain steadfast work ethic despite challenges and distractions.
- Ability to perform tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of safety management and manufacturing method and procedures.
- Team and Customer focused attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and the ability to think critically.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Management: 10 years (Required)
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed