The Lower Shore Career Development Center Program Manager will lead the center in providing job readiness training, skills training, job placement, retention, and support services. In addition, the Program Manger will serve as the primary liaison to employer partners, community organizations, and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop departmental plans to achieve annual business goals, tracking performance monthly
- Prepare monthly and quarterly statistical and narrative reports reflecting program outcomes
- Coordinate admission and enrollment for the center and track training and placement outcomes
- Manage training and event schedule for the center
- Conduct audits on participants’ record to ensure compliance with database systems and partnering agencies
- Identify curriculum, assessments, learning materials and evaluation standards required to foster career development
- Complete labor market research to address area employment needs and conduct hiring events
- Collaborate with Workforce Development and Retail staff to manage on-the-job training and employment opportunities for program graduates
- Implement marketing strategies, create relationships with business partners, and attend community and outreach events to represent the center and organization
- Recruit, screen and coach employees, conducting onboarding, performance evaluations and individual development plans
- Facilitate monthly team and staff supervision meetings
- Develop annual budgets, monitor expenditures and manage vendor accounts
- Collaborate with corporate partners to secure funding, meet grant objectives and compile billing
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Services, Education or related field; master’s preferred
- Two years experience in career development required
- Two years of supervisory experience required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a current valid driver’s license and be fully insured according to Maryland law
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
- Directly supervises career center staff in various roles such as job readiness instructor, skills trainer, administrative support and case manager; Typically supervises a staff of 5 employees
- Employees under scope of supervision are in the same location
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate within a team setting
- Moderate computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft office and the Internet
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Skilled at working with persons with disabilities and disadvantaging conditions
- Ability to compile data and navigate database systems
Lifting up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds. May be required to regularly stand for extended periods of time, walk, reach with hands/arms with full range of motion, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push or pull. Regularly required to talk and hear. Frequently required to use hands and fingers to hold, handle and feel objects, knobs, keys and/or buttons.
Travel is defined as travel to all areas within Goodwill’s territory (Cecil, Harford, Baltimore, Howard, and Anne Arundel Counties, Baltimore City and the entire Eastern Shore of Maryland). In some cases, long-distance travel, including overnights may be required but is typically planned in advance. In some cases, travel may be unplanned.
Up to 25% of working time
Must have access to own transportation
Employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.