Physician Outreach Specialist – Sales Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, Inc.
Work Site Location(s): RDU & surrounding territory
We call the Physician Outreach Specialist by the title of Provider Advocate.
Provider Advocates market Physicians Pharmacy Alliance (PPA) to community based referral sources including doctors’ offices, physicians and other mid-level providers, case managers, social workers, and certain patient support groups. These marketing efforts are designed to strengthen relationships with healthcare providers so that they may confidently refer our services to their patients. The individual must be able to clearly and passionately articulate PPA’s value proposition and provide the most current information pertaining to our products and services, which will ensure the full business potential of the territory.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Daily provider interaction and education accomplished through office presentations, face-to-face meetings, planned and/or impromptu education, weekly office follow-ups, and phone calls as necessary. Serves as the primary contact person for providers and their staff to handle referrals and questions
- Partner with provider offices to support patients and resolve patient issues to include but not limited to: obtaining standard medication lists, resolving insurance issues, and answering questions regarding referral needs
- Consistently meet assigned sales goals for individual territory. Attend and actively participate in weekly sales meetings, in person or by telephone, as required
- Electronic reporting accountability to include: weekly schedule, patient monitoring/follow-up, care plan follow up, reporting documentation of daily visits, and vital information in regards to the Providers and participants
- Develop in-depth understanding of local market environment and customers, and communicate customer insight to PPA leadership.
- Educate providers on web portal. Work directly with physicians’ office staff, case managers, and others to educate, engage, and facilitate utilization of our patient medication management tool.
Additional Company Wide Functions:
- Commitment to company values & mission.
- Follows all established policies, guidelines, and procedures, including federal and state regulations, to ensure the highest level of operational and regulatory compliance and quality patient care.
- Maintain all patient information in strict confidence in accordance with applicable laws.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this position including certifications and specializations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent
- Experience in medical device, medical offices, case management, pharmaceuticals, or other health related field (ideally 2+ years’ experience)
- Sales experience; especially in health related fields, preferably interacting with physician offices
- Previous Managed Care Organization (also Hospital/institutional), physician office administration, or case management experience is a plus
- Knowledge/background in Medicaid a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-directed, highly organized, multi-task capable, time-efficient, and proficient in problem solving
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities
- Proficiency in Customer Relationship Management software (e.g. Salesforce.com), and MSOffice applications (Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word), electronic medical records systems, online business support applications
- Strong interpersonal skills/relationship building
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient Written and spoken English
- Conversational Spanish is a plus
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations within the pharmaceutical field or practice
- Builds effective and enduring customer relationships
KEY METHODS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Significant local travel daily (90%) using personal automobile
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate a computer, fax, and other office mechanics
- Able to concentrate in a variety of environments with multiple distractions
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Healthcare Sales: 1 year
- Referral Generation: 1 year
Please review all application instructions before applying to Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, Inc..
This employer accepts applications via Indeed.
Physicians Pharmacy Alliance (PPA) is a leading pharmacy services company that offers a unique Medication Care Management™ (MCM) program for…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed