Operations Coordinator AlliedPRA Destination Management
San Diego, CA
- San Diego, CA, USA
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative and operational duties, including Field Staff scheduling for programs and assisting Operations as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracks status of upcoming programs from Weekly/Monthly Operations Assignment Report, gathering program information to assist the operations department with program assignments for the Operations Managers. Once a program is assigned to a Manager, update calendar for program assignments and guide schedules.
- Determines Field Staff work assignments, based on program schedule and staffing needs. Contacts the Field Staff with their works schedules, at least 60 days in advance when possible.
- Responsible for maintaining Field Staff database, Field Staff personnel files and pay rates. Coordinates and processes all Field Staff paperwork involving compensation including timesheets, expense reports, and pay rate change forms.
- Maintains inventory of Field Staff uniforms and materials and coordinates purchases of additional uniforms and equipment as required.
- Assists with advancing, dispatching, etc. of Field Staff and tours, as requested.
- Assists the Operations Managers with completion of paperwork, such as trip sheets, check requests, service agreements, invoicing, job costing, etc.
- Provides backup support to the Operations and Experience Design departments by assisting with program development. May include program development, cost preparation, program summaries/deposit invoices, service agreements, and related correspondence.
- Provides back up support to Sales and Marketing Coordinator with regard to office duties.
- At least (1) year work experience in a DMC, incentive travel, event planning company, or related field, in an operations capacity.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Extensive computer knowledge including database, word processing (40 words per minute), spreadsheet development using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate with multiple suppliers, internal staff and Field Staff during program development stages.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to track status of programs through Operations Department.
- Ability to communicate through email, cellular phone, pager, Nextel with Field Staff, guides and suppliers.
- Knowledge of local area attractions, hotels, parks and other venues.
- A college degree or certificate in event planning or related field is helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Works well with management, peers, clients, suppliers and guide staff.
- Ability to work flexible hours; weekends, evenings, holidays.
- Ability to work within deadline constraints and set priorities.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to direct and manage Field Staff through assignments.
- Possess a professional manner and appearance when representing AlliedPRA with clients, supplier/partners, and/or the community.
- Professional skills in public relations, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities and work assignments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high level of business ethics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with problems involving few concrete variables in a typical office situation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, using them to handle, operate a computer, and reach.
- The employee is regularly required to stand and walk in this position.
- They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, holidays.
The work environment characteristics for this position are typical of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in this office is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles.
- While at some program sites, may be exposed to extreme temperature, noise, and climate differences.
This position is frequently required to travel within the local destination market to which assigned. The following requirements apply:
- Ability to travel to program sites, greet clients, participate in multi-day site inspections with sales managers and clients.
- Ability to travel to other AlliedPRA office locations by vehicle, airplane.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a vehicle (personal, rental, or company).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license for the state in which the employee performs his or her driving duties.
- Must maintain a clean driving record, i.e., must remain insurable under our company’s liability insurance policy.
AlliedPRA believes in creating long-term relationships by being responsive and relevant and by consistently delivering value to our community and to our clients. Specifically with our employees, we focus on attracting, developing and retaining the best talent for our business, challenging our people, demonstrating a “can-do” attitude and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected age classification, ancestry, color, religious creed, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, and gender expression. AlliedPRA will make every reasonable effort to accommodate individuals based on their disability status.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed