Material Planner JRB Staffing
$28.50 an hour – Full-time, Contract
Responsible for material inventories for a specified category to support finished goods production plans, minimize obsolescence and provide overall cost containment.
Potential for contract-to-hire if this team has a spot open up.
Overall responsibility for material plans for a specified categories.
- Ensure overall MRP system (both within SAP and in external processes) maintained and overall system planning is optimized. Conduct regular consistent reviews of all parameters and update based on new criteria.
- Lead & conduct material planning meetings with suppliers, ensuring all material plans are adequate from DOS and obsolescence targets in the long and short term.
- Develop packaging run out plans with information from project managers, supply planning team, marketing and suppliers to minimize obsolescence and meet project timelines.
- Participate in weekly supply planning team meetings with counterparts in finished good planning, deployment, forecasting and procurement to deliver key KPIs – service, DOS, L&D, forecast accuracy, material SS, obsolescence minimization and sourcing optimization
- Track and report key KPIs – obsolescence, supplier inventory levels, DIO, service.
- Key linkages: Supply Planning team members, Dantrade, marketing, manufacturing, suppliers, project management, finance, Creative Services, Master Data, Research & Innovation, Quality.
Key elements that could motivate a candidate (provide motivating factors to help market the opportunity to perspective candidates)
- Full Responsibility for accurate Materials plans and strategies resulting in superior customer service and minimized operating costs. Assisting in development of safety stock strategies and inventory optimization modeling.
- Key member of category team representing Material Planner function. Team includes members in FG planning & deployment planning.
- Broad exposure to entire supply chain with direct contacts in both field and HQ.
Professional Experience/Education needed
Bachelor of Science/ Engineering or BBA with Supply Chain knowledge.
Approx. 2-4+ years related experience in Supply Planning in a CPG Industry
Ability to travel (10 % of the time)
Functional Competencies needed(specific to job):
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain processes and safety stock optimization strategies.
- Demonstrated understanding of materials management & supplier management.
- SAP/APO/BW knowledge a plus.
- APICS certification desired.
Managerial Competencies and Personal Skills/Attributes needed:
- Strong project management/organization skills.
- Success in problem solving and critical thinking
- Achieve results effectively
- Anticipates and is proactive.
- Develop cross-functional effectiveness
- Ability to take thoughtful risks
- Develop talent through training, feedback, coaching and fostering a training environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $28.50 /hour
- Material Planning: 1 year
Please review all application instructions before applying to JRB Staffing.
Other jobs you may like
Material Planner Cross Resource Group- Danone NA
– Broomfield, CO8 hours ago
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed