Marketing Specialist II
The Marketing Specialist II performs marketing, sales and consulting functions to develop, implement, maintain and enhance the value of the Program to the dealers, field, region and corporate headquarters. Along with working with the client, the Senior Marketing Consultant helps manage the backend processes, working with internal and external customers. As a Program expert, the Senior Marketing Consultant serves as a mentor.
- Build strong consulting relationships with Dealer base and Region/Zone Manager.
- Educate and inform Dealer-base and Region/Zone Manager-base on current Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) program offerings and services to increase the value or worth of each Dealer and region/zone and to increase the conversion rate of non-enrolled Dealers to enrolled Dealers. Assist Dealers with meeting OEM’s requirements and achieve/exceed marketing goals.
- Assist in training Marketing Assistants and Marketing Consultants to learn products and systems.
- Review changes to marketplace and industry and adjust marketing plans accordingly. Use results of reviews to create dealer-level and region/zone-level marketing plans based on preferences and buying/enrollment habits.
- Create and present training material for client/deal regional/zone meetings.
- Develop and implement quality control processes. Assist in the collection, review and analysis of documentation of dealer communications in the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Maintain calendars and timelines for assigned marketing initiatives.
- Create, update and maintain marketing plans for individual Dealers and create reports for Team Leader regarding performance.
- Maximize customer retention and satisfaction. Achieve sales and marketing goals by educating dealer-base on Dealer Services Group portfolio of products/services and influencing their decisions to pursue the most profitable and beneficial marketing options.
- Produce measurable results based on Dealer and Region/Zone marketing plans.
- Assist in researching, evaluating and recommending enhancements to the market positioning of the OEM’s products or services and internal processes and procedures.
- Assist team members with product/service issues and escalates issues to appropriate team when appropriate
- Assist in creating and adapting new approaches to marketing strategies.
- Set a positive example to the team regarding work ethic and attitude.
- Assist the Team Lead in representing DSG in inter-departmental projects.
- Assist in developing process documentation.
- Perform the Marketing Consultant Duties.
- Travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university required or equivalent experience in Marketing, Sales and/or Customer Service.
Experience / Skill:
Minimum of one year experience in an Automotive Program as a Marketing Consultant. Strong Program knowledge. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered. Must be able to write reports and business correspondence and have the ability to effectively present the information to management or customers. Ability to multi-task. Must be able to work with all levels and backgrounds in a diverse workforce. Knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access.
Desired skills include: Experience with Direct Marketing, experience creating/implementing marketing plans.
The Senior Marketing Consultant reports to the Team Leader
Customer Focus (Internal and External) – Is dedicated to meeting and strives to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality services. Acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect. Communicates with customers in a warm, helpful and professional manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Impact and Influence – The ability to persuade, convince, negotiate with, influence, and/or sell others, in order for them to support ideas/objectives or purchase items. The desire to have a specific impact, to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity or sell a service or product.
Job Knowledge – Knows, understands and appropriately applies the technical /soft skills, methods and processes required for the position. Is able to learn, retain and apply information to the job. Keeps current with new and/or updated program information, trends and developments in field.
Quality Orientation – The ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly, paying attention to the details of job responsibilities. Produces a minimum amount of errors while completing work. Able to recognize errors in work in progress and make necessary real time corrections. Accurately checks processes and tasks and monitors the results of delegated tasks, assignments and projects.
Teamwork – The ability to work effectively with others to generate a positive, productive and informed work environment. Is united in the collective purpose.