Manager, Program Development and Integrity, Clerk Grade 11/12 – Ongoing – Henry Deane Building, Sydney – 000064A3
Department of Justice, Corrective Services NSW
Manager, Program Development & Integrity, Grade clerk 11/12, Ongoing, Sydney
- Attractive Salary – Remuneration Package $156,280 pa
Opportunity to contribute to the State-wide Programs
A new opportunity has arisen with the NSW Corrective Services Offender Management and Programs Division for an experienced Manager, Grade 11/12 in the State-wide Programs Team. The State-wide Programs team is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring group-based offender programs and interventions that are aimed directly at reducing re-offending. You will be required to lead the quality assurance of CSNSW Compendium of Offender Programs against the program and facilitation standards. You will be required maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders such as Offender Services & Programs Regional Support Managers; Managers Community Corrections in order to promote and expand our capacity to deliver offender behaviour change programs. The role is located at Henry Deane Building however it is responsible for managing a state-wide team and will require travel.
Primary purpose of the Role:
- Provide strategic leadership for the development, coordination and integrity monitoring of CSNSW Compendium of Offender Programs to support the achievement of the Departments and government’s objective to reduce re-offending and improve outcomes.
- Manage any review of program content and manuals; and maintain relevant policy and procedures in line with contemporary and emerging evidence in programs
- Strategically plan activities, manage and lead the State-wide Programs and Sober Driver team of program development officers
- Provide advice and guidance to stakeholders and staff relating to the content and delivery of group based programs in the Corrective Services NSW Compendium of Offender Behaviour Change Programs; and for appropriate decision making relevant to individual offender program pathways.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Monitor weekly and monthly performance reports and provide advice to the Director to improve systems and processes
- Participate on government and non-government committees and advisory boards to foster the development and implementation of integrated and responsive policies and programs.
For more information:
Review the Role Description
How to Apply:
Please complete the following:
- Answer all questions on the online application form.
- Include a covering letter maximum (2) pages and an up-to-date resume of no more than five (5) pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this position.
- Ensure your profile is updated with current referees. You are required to provide e-mail addresses for two nominated referees, one of which must be a current or recent supervisor within the last 12 months.
- Original certificates of qualifications and registration must be presented at interview.
In accordance with the Government Employment Sector (GSE) Act 2013, all current and new employees will be employed at a classification level and assigned to a role rather than appointed to a position. Employees may be re-assigned to other roles at the same classification over time, in line with organisation priorities and/or personal development plans.
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
A talent pool may be created for future permanent and temporary vacancies which may occur over the next 12 months.
Closing Date: 6th May 2018
Location Sydney Region-Sydney City
Work Type Full-time
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Maximum Total Remuneration Package: $156,280. Package includes salary ($121,917 – $140,996), employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Contact Danielle Matsuo – 02 8346 1002
Closing Date 06-May-2018
Job Category Prison services
Organisation Corrective Services NSW
Key Application Responses
1. Please outline your expertise in this area by summarising the research evidence around best practice and describe how you would apply this to programs in this role.
2. Give a detailed example of a project plan or implementation plan you have developed for a specific project you have lead, including how you communicated or supported any change management plans with staff.