Manager, Fun – Westin Princeville Vistana Signature Experiences
To provide leadership for an “Industry Best” Activity Experience Program that creates value for our owners and guests and offers a balance of engaging, unique, memorable and compelling activities for all age groups.
Individual should have the ability to lead programs and convey a sense of fun and enthusiasm to participants. Manager of Fun must be able to engage and involve guests and owners in a variety of programs.
AVERAGE % OF TIME
30% Responsible for leading adult and children’s activity programs including the Westin Kid’s Club.
30% Guest service and assistance related to activity programs as well as general needs for information and direction. Communicating and promotion guest activities and resort special event programs to owners and guests.
10% Maintain and oversee all recreation areas i.e. the clubhouse, playgrounds, pool and any other areas used for activities, ensuring adequate levels of all supplies throughout all recreational areas, including calendars and flyers. Maintain assigned equipment, report maintenance issues to the Director of Operations and/or other managers as needed.
10% Collaborating and coordinating as needed with other resort departments on activities and events.
10% Planning and organizing activities within the resort which include children’s programs, adult activities, special events, conference recreation and holiday programs.
10% Direct and train activity coordinators and Kid’s Club Counselors and also be able to coach and counsel associates as seen as needed.
- Deliver activity programs in a way that is fun and exciting through showmanship and entertaining presentation
- Lead various recreational, educational and interpretive programs for guests and owners
- Engages and involves participants in all aspects of the overall program including activities, arts and crafts, swimming, special events, nature activities, teambuilding, scavenger hunts and more
- Insure components of each activity are delivered as defined by the standards
- Promotes strong positive inter-departmental relations through respect for other areas of operation
- Insures good stewardship of supplies and resources
- Provides outstanding service through positive interaction with owners and guests
- Completes daily routine and maintenance tasks as assigned
- Insures paperwork is complete and turned in as necessary
- Communicates any problems or concerns with supervisors and managers on a daily basis
- Assists the marketing department in preparing the recreation brochure.
- Maintain an ongoing inventory of all games, equipment and supplies and order supplies when needed.
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for any and all other functions delegated by the Director of Operations.
- Perform any or all duties as assigned by management.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Adhere to hotel safety standards.
- Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 18 years of age minimum
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to convey a sense of fun with enthusiasm to the participants
- Fast learners who can process information including culture, science, history and nature and communicate to owners and guests
- Confident demeanor and ability to “think on feet”
- Enjoys being with people and has a genuine care for their wellbeing and experience
- Basic computer literacy
- Positive attitude and openness to feedback for improvement
- Showmanship and stage presence is essential
- High level of energy
- Service oriented attitude towards guests
- Ability to use good judgment in areas of safety and security of participants
- Creative and resourceful
- Image of professionalism
- Flexible and adaptable to a variety of circumstances
- Good / Excellent swimming ability
This position must have strong interpersonal skills, as they will be responsible for interfacing across SVO departments, including onsite resort staff and various partners/vendors.
This person must have exceptional creative and enthusiastic motivational skills as they will need to instill passion in owner and guest participants.
On an ongoing basis, this position will interact with Director of Operations, on-site Activities and Fun team, marketing, Food and Beverage and other key contacts within the organization
On an on-going basis, this position will be responsible for keeping all resort team members informed of activities, programs and off-site experiences.
- Most work tasks are performed outdoors on a year round basis
- Position requires walking and giving direction; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length. Length of time of theses tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different outlets and other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and stocking tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
High school or equivalent education required.
Previous hotel experience or experience working in a recreational setting preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
First Aid, CPR. Lifeguard certification is helpful.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana standards.
At Vistana, we celebrate the diversity of people, ideas and cultures. We believe our differences are what make us better – a better place to work, a better place to grow, enabling a better way to see the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, veteran’s status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. The Company complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled employees and applicants.
Vistana™ Signature Experiences, Inc. an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. designs, builds, manages and maintains resort…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed