Low Voltage Technician
D&R Cable Works, Inc. –
Charlotte, NC 28277
Technician will install cable pathway systems, firestop systems and various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, stranded cable, solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode fiber optical cable & multi mode fiber optical cable. Cable installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling & documentation.
- Install, terminate, test, label & document horizontal, backbone & other cables.
- Dress & route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture & other work area outlets.
- Build out telecom & equipment rooms.
- Firestop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, & document test results for cabling.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects.
- Must have 1 to 3 years of experience in the installation of cabling associated with: Data Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions
- Must have 1 to 3 years of experience in the installation, maintenance & programming of the electronics associated with: Data Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions
- Must have the ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables.
- Possess working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards & the National Electric Code.
- Possess working knowledge of Telecom Systems, Data Networks, CCTV Security, Access Control & Wireless solutions.
- Valid Drivers License
- Reliable Transportation
- Finger & wrist dexterity & hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops utilizing proper fall protection.
Job Type: Full-time
D&R Cable Works has been installing Structured Cabling since 1997 and Security Products since 2000. D&R Cable Works provides superior low…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed