Reporting to the director of Internal Communications, this individual will lead a core team of communicators and collaborates with senior executives and key business partners to develop and implement Enterprise Operations and company-wide internal communications strategies that engage, drive action and align employees with Lockheed Martin’s mission, vision and business objectives.
This role will collaborate with other communications disciplines to lead integrated communications support to the Chief Information Officer and will promote thought leaders within Enterprise Business Services to reinforce Lockheed Martin’s culture of innovation and digital transformation. This individual will lead communications campaigns to ensure consistency and effectiveness of Enterprise Business Services strategies, IT outreach and change management initiatives, and support efforts to leverage emerging digital technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides counsel to senior executives, including the CIO and leadership team
- Oversees content compilation of internal communication vehicles
- Develops an understanding of cross-functional subject matters and deliver news and information to all areas of the business
- Identifies and analyzes business and audience needs to deliver multi-channel messages
- Coaches, develops and motivates internal communications team members
- Develops training and templates to help leaders manage communications and facilitate dialogue with employees
- Oversees creation of easily adaptable manager communication tools that increase manager confidence and clearly link to daily work
- Facilitates two-way communication and feedback sharing between executives and employees
- Develops measurement criteria and processes that effectively evaluate internal communications programs
- Establishes and tracks metrics that help correlate internal communications programs to employee productivity and organization performance
- Helps position Lockheed Martin as employer of choice for IT/cyber professionals
- Supports community/STEM outreach to attract students to cyber fields.
Desired Skills: • Demonstrated experience providing superior communication counsel to managers and senior leaders, enabling them to lead dialogue with their respective stakeholders.
- Experience collecting, analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop a thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations, preferences and opinions.
- Ability to use in-depth knowledge of key audience values to achieve communication goals beyond understanding or agreement, such as engagement and active support.
- Attention to detail and a sense of urgency, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong understanding of AP Style
- Experience leading and developing integrated strategic communications efforts that included internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven strong strategic communications mindset with experience delivering business results and success measures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
- Proven exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous leadership experience or leadership-level responsibilities, such as being a team lead, frequent leader delegate or integrated project team management in previous role requiring little oversight.
- Expertise in influencing business strategies and ensuring alignment and impact of the strategic communications plan with a focus on outcome-based communications.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Technology that enables cars to drive themselves. Routine flights to Mars. Fusion reactors that produce limitless energy. At Lockheed…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed