Hardware & Software Asset Analyst – Cisco ISE Catapult Consultants, LLC
Hardware & Software Asset Analyst – Cisco ISE – Morrisville, NC
Job Description: Catapult is looking for an individual who will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. A network application security engineer who understands how the Hardware / Software Asset Management program of a large enterprise should work is needed to support the team. The ideal candidate for this job will be an experienced information security practitioner who is goal-oriented and strives to exceed expectations.
Responsibilities will include :
- Candidate will assess network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks
- Determine true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions in a timely manner
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of tool outputs and providing recommendations for improving the overall security posture of the client
- Conduct heavy analysis of asset data to aggregate multiple data inputs and put assets into context to identify vulnerabilities and potential gaps
- Strong Cisco ISE experience with developing policies for enforcement services, NAC, developing monitoring, and reporting of notable items for security and operational services.
- Strong Splunk experience in creating effective dashboards, hunting cyber threats using event correlation, and acting on machine intelligence to remediate vulnerabilities and risk to the enterprise
- Netflow analytics for compliance and threat hunting
- Work with suppliers of data (e.g., WonMug , Cisco ISE, StealthWatch ) to maximize efficiency and accuracy of data feeds into Splunk. Advise suppliers of potential features in their tools that could be activated to improve security (e.g., TrustSec and Security Group Tagging in ISE)
- Ability to map application components to identify security problems and provide solutions
- Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps.
- Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
- Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
- Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
- Experience with Flexera /B|DNA, Splunk , BMC Atrium, ServiceNow, and enterprise network infrastructures
- Experience with ForeScout CounterACT , Cisco ISE, MobileIron , and Tanium
- Project planning experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Microsoft office suite of applications
CISSP , Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel while typing at a computer keyboard.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, or lift objects up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The vision requirements include: close vision.
Catapult Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that every employee has the right to work in a dignified work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. It’s our policy to recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. This policy reflects our belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is a both our legal and moral responsibility, and good management practice.
All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed