IGA North Buderim –
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Grocery Department Manager to join our IGA team based in Buderim. The purpose of the role will be to assist the Store Manager/Store Owner with managing the Grocery Department within the supermarket.
- Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Ensure direct supplier order quantities are determined and orders are placed as required to ensure adequate stock levels are always available within the grocery department;
- Ensure that stock and fixture price marking and ticketing is of the highest standard;
- Supervise the grocery stock inventory so as to minimise stock outs and avoid excess stock;
- Ensure that sufficient stock of specials has been ordered;
- Direct team members to ensure that shelves are continually replenished with stock;
- Ensure that the stock storeroom is adequately maintained in a clean and tidy condition;
- Ensure that all grocery staff deliver high quality service;
- Develop the grocery department staff so as to maintain and develop enthusiasm and job satisfaction;
- Ensure all grocery department staff receive proper training so that the employees can effectively and efficiently perform their job;
- Identify problems in area of profitability within the grocery department and initiate strategies for improvement;
- 1-2 years’ experience within a Grocery Department Manager position;
- Knowledge of Grocery Manager software a strong advantage
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met; Attention to details and problem-solving ability;
- Ability to build the business, minimising loss and developing your team;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and change oriented environment;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Grocery Manager: 2 years (Required)
- Buderim QLD 4556 (Preferred)
Please review all application instructions before applying to IGA North Buderim.