The Coordinator of Staff supports the Manager in the daily operations of the hospital gift shop, providing service and convenience for customers. The Coordinator assists the Manager in training and supervising staff and volunteers, operating the cash register, making deposits, and assisting with projects as assigned. Buying and maintaining inventory as assigned by Manager.
1. Manages all staff of Gift Shop and satellite Gift Shop and reports to manager any issues or concerns.
2. Assists manager with goal setting.
3. Helps establish policies and procedures involving staff ? sales floors
4. Supervises staff; resolves employee issues; provides input on employee evaluations, interprets policy, and ensures safety of both staff and customers reports any issues or concerns to manager.
5. Assists with stocking and pricing of all products
6. Trains and supervises all staff and volunteers and provides input on all evaluations.
7. Provides appropriate employee counseling with direction from Manager
8. Resolves customer problems or seeks appropriate direction for solutions.
9. Participates in buying merchandise as delegated by Manager.
10. Coordinates work load among staff and volunteers for efficient operation of the Gift Shop.
11. Assists customers with selections, purchases, on phone orders; completes appropriate follow up with phone orders or messages.
12. Performs or supervises all cash management procedures in the absence of manager.
13. Checks, stocks, and straightens sales area on a daily basis and as needed.
14. Assists in the creation of staff work schedules and coordinates changes
15. Teaches all cash register functions
16. Follows all CHI and gift shop policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelors degree in business, retail, marketing, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required
2. Managerial experience in customer service setting is desired
3. One or more years experience in sales or buying is required.
4. Cash register and computer skills are required.
5. Excellent math skills
6. Proven effective communication and customer service skills.
7. Ability to work independently and solve problems.
8. Proven organizational and creative skill sets.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSStanding/walking Constantly (67 – 100%)Operating cash register Frequently (60-85%)Talking in person/on phone Frequently (34 – 66%)Sitting Occasionally (0 – 33%)Stooping/bending Occasionally (0 – 33%)Pushing/pulling Occasionally (0 – 33%)Lifting/carrying up to 30 pounds Occasionally (0 – 33%) The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees/