With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for co-marketing in the field with sales staff and administration and efficient daily operation of the branch office, including operations, product sales, service, and safety in accordance with Apria’s objectives. This role has full P&L responsibility for their profit centers, including both revenue and operating income. In addition, the GM will communicate Apria values, strategies, and objectives, while assigning accountabilities, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full P&L responsibility for profit center(s) including both revenue and operating income.
- Collaborates with senior management to develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including sales and financial performance.
- Responsible for executing sales strategy and growth initiatives by personally building and maintaining relationships with key customers, helping sales team develop impactful territory plans and strategies, and leading the sales staff to achieve results.
- Responsible for achieving key focus product starts budget and for cash collections.
- Utilizes technology and tools to their fullest capabilities in order to drive sales growth and optimize performance at the branch.
- Monitors staffing levels, expenditures, asset equipment utilization and inventory levels to ensure maximum profit margins.
- Ensures the effective operation and management of all functional areas of the branch such as customer service, collections, clinical, distribution, and sales.
- Responsible for partnering with Managed Care counterpart to understand provider networks and grow market share.
- Monitors key performance indicators and is responsible for implementing corrective measures.
- Ensures operational procedures comply with federal, state, local and Joint Commission requirements.
- Responsible for providing a safe and healthful work environment and preventing injuries by leading and implementing the Safety & Risk Management program for the branch.
- Performs other duties as required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, developing, and performance management of subordinate staff.
- Responsible for retention of sales and branch personnel through on-boarding, coaching, mentoring, and development.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- Four year college degree preferred.
- At least 5 years related experience is required.
- Must reside within an area of primary responsibility.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Effective mentoring of subordinate staff
- Must possess a keen ability to motivate and manage others with a positive mental outlook and forward thinking
- Financial management (budgeting)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Time management skills
- Change management skills
- Behavioral interviewing
- Ability to adjust quickly to business requirements
- Sales strategy execution
- Financial/business acumen
- Strategic vision
- Results driven
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically
- CRM proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- College level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist
SKLLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bi-lingual (reading, writing ,verbal)
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires constant sitting with occasional standing and walking
- Requires the use of hands to write, use computers, and manipulate papers is constantly required
- Constant talking and hearing
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel up to 10% of the time
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Apria is focused on providing top quality service to our patients. Our ongoing self-monitoring and evaluation process ensures continual…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed