Field Sales Representative – Seattle, WA Territory Cole-Parmer Instrument Company
Cole-Parmer is a leading provider of precision equipment and consumables to pharmaceutical, life sciences, environmental, and industrial customers around the world. Our proprietary product lines include peristaltic fluid handling systems, test and measurement devices, water testing equipment and consumables, and a range of laboratory essentials products all critical components in scientific research and production.
Job Title: Field Sales Representative, Seattle
Reports To: Sales Manager – Western Region
Position Location: Seattle Territory
FLSA Status: Exempt
The desired candidate will be effective in establishing relationships in order to increase sales to targeted clients within Process Manufacturing, Industrial, Utility, and Pharmaceutical segments. The individual will be responsible for penetrating accounts and providing recommended solutions to lab managers, engineering and maintenance end user professionals, while building relationships with purchasing. Effective communications with other members of the Sales Team, Marketing, Customer Service and Operations on segment and client issues is critical for success.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Develops new business within geographic territory & with assigned clients. Develops strategies and implements plans to grow profitable sales. Follows up diligently on leads received from other areas of the organization.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with multiple customer departments (purchasing, research, EH&S, engineering, and maintenance)
- Achieves annual sales and gross margin targets; operates within expense budget guidelines & policies.
- Communicates effectively with internal & external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited higher learning institution in business or science related field
- 3-5 years of segment specific or related field experience, selling direct and/or through dealers
- Must be results oriented; assertive and self-motivated, and possess strong organizational skills to be able to achieve goals consistently.
- Proven ability of professional selling and presentation skills to influence multiple levels at customer organizations
- Must have excellent negotiation skills to close sales and meet gross profit targets.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with customers, customer service, and different levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills and intellectual ability to develop ideas, products, and solutions, and apply creative thinking, prepare a business plan and report quantitative data.
- Ability to travel up to 20%-30%
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, efficiently works under pressures, within deadlines or other time essential constraints.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to excel within a rapidly changing and growing organization.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Cole-Parmer is a leading provider of specialty technical instruments, appliances, equipment and supplies to industrial, bioscience, academic…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed