Williamsburg Charter High School (WCHS) is a high performing, public charter high school located in Brooklyn, New York. WCHS opened in August 2004 as the first Chancellor-authorized charter high school in the City of New York with a ninth grade class of 267 students. Now in its thirteenth year of operation, WCHS has grown to serve approximately 963 students in grades nine through twelve. The school’s mission is to unite youth, families, staff, teachers and the community at large in providing young people with the tools necessary to make sense of the world, and prepare them in their journey to become skilled workers and literate citizens of the world. Young people will accomplish this through their participation in a rigorous and demanding liberal arts education that includes language, literature, writing, science, history, mathematics, the arts, technology, and exploration in disciplines designed to teach fairness, justice, respect and compassion for themselves and others, as well as the skills of critical thinking, communication and research.
Williamsburg Charter High School provides a broad liberal arts academic program to the high-school age youth of north Brooklyn. School programs are individualized to connect to each student’s particular level of development, including English Language Learners and students with Special Education Services. Further, WCHS provides supportive relationships with faculty, extended instructional periods, and opportunities after-school and on Saturdays for additional academic support. Social and emotional support is also available to students to ensure their non-academic needs are addressed. Students are accepted to WCHS through a random lottery with no minimum requirements, tests, or auditions required to gain entrance and, as a public charter school, there is no tuition.
Position Description and Expectations
The Enrollment Specialist will play a key role in supporting the execution of WCHS ambitious goals and support initiatives related to knowledge.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an experienced candidate to apply developed and successful strategies in the recruitment and student outreach, as part of a mission-driven organization dedicated to academic excellence and support. The Enrollment Specialist will be a contributor to the sustainability of the network’s strategic direction.
The successful candidate will be a strong executor with a proven track record of successfully meeting deadlines and deliverables, as well as have the ability to work independently and expediently on project-based initiatives. He/She will have the drive and energy to thrive in a results-focused, no excuses, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in recruitment, working under tight deadlines, and be able to navigate systems and organizations of scale and complexity without sacrificing thoroughness and detail. The Enrollment Specialist will report to the Manager of Operations and be able to work with dedicated social entrepreneurs who are making a positive impact on the educational opportunities for previously underserved children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and strategic direction for enrollment management, marketing and communication
- Design, implement, and monitor the enrollment plan, including enrollment targets, recruitment objectives, tactics and strategies
- Develop strategic partnerships with faculty, academic deans, local business and industry to advance enrollment efforts and success
- Establish and maintain strong public relations and liaisons with premedical advisors and colleagues at other institutions
- Work closely with the Office of Student Affairs to foster an effective end-to-end enrollment management process and student development program
- Process and implement data management projects as needed
- Maintain and verify of FTE and school population
- Facilitates lottery, enrollment and other assignments
- Handles phone calls and data from inquirers seeking information