Madison Area Technical College
Posting Date: 06/07/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Department: Marketing & Enrollment Development
Madison College invites applicants for the position of Enrollment Marketing & Communications Lead in the Office of Enrollment Services. This position will be the heart and soul of keeping current students engaged and enrolled at Madison College. The identified candidate is expected to be the lead and provide independent thinking and judgement of data as it relates to enrollment management. We are seeking innovative and engaging candidates who share a willingness to deliver leadership as it relates to building marketing campaigns and analyzing data presented. If you are looking to share your expertise in enrollment management and work with a dynamic and collaborative team, apply now!
This position is located in the vibrant and diverse city of Madison, Wisconsin’s 2nd largest city and state capital. Nestled between two recreational lakes, Madisonians are offered year-round activities for all, including the Dane County Farmers’ Market located around the Capital Square, more than 200 miles of scenic biking and hiking trails, world class restaurants, and numerous festivals and community events. Madison is consistently ranked as a top community in which to work, live and play. Madison offers a small town feel, with a big city impression. But, if that’s not enough, Madison is just a short 125 miles northwest of Chicago and 77 miles west of Milwaukee. To learn more about what Mad-Town has to offer, you can visit www.visitmadison.com.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of June 22, 2018 at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
This is an exempt full time, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year position. The core hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Flexible as needed. However, schedule is subject to change by the supervisor. Madison College offers a generous total rewards package.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
The Enrollment Marketing & Communications Lead within Enrollment Services drives and maintains enrollment through strategic communication efforts and campaign development. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of multiple College technologies including COGNOS, PeopleSoft, Dynamics CRM, and ClickDimensions marketing automation.
This position serves as the Communications Lead for year-round Continuing Program Student registration efforts including strategy, calendaring, copywriting and design, execution, optimization, monitoring, reporting and analysis with the goal of positively impacting College enrollments. The incumbent will work in collaboration with multiple College units to validate data accuracy, ensure consistent student messaging, and maintain College brand standards.
As part of the Enrollment Services Communications Committee and greater Campus Community Communication team, this position will assist with coordinated communication efforts including the creation of style guides and best practices, communication technology trainings, and developing social media presence.
This position reports to the Manager of Enrollment Student Services.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Develops strategic enrollment communication campaigns that drive continuing student enrollment to meet College FTE targets and Strategic Enrollment Management goals.
2. Deploys continuing student enrollment campaigns using various communication channels including PeopleSoft, CRM, Blackboard, digital displays, print, environmental marketing, etc.
3. Analyzes campaign effectiveness and recommends corrective strategies accordingly.
4. Creates executive summaries for multiple campus audiences; presents to small and large internal audiences.
5. Establishes data needs and validates data integrity via testing and consultation with campus partners.
6. Trains College staff in communication delivery technologies (CRM, marketing automation, PeopleSoft).
7. Leads in-services, debriefs, and campus meetings regarding continuing student enrollment efforts.
8. Coordinates with Madison College Communications & Strategic Marketing department and Academic Advising unit on continuing student registration efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Demonstrated ability in developing innovative marketing strategies to promote a product or service.
2. Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of marketing and communications theory and practice in both new and traditional media.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the rest of MS Office suite.
4. Working knowledge of CRM system (such as Microsoft Dynamics) with Marketing Automation (such as ClickDimensions).
5. Knowledge of comprehensive communication technologies and platforms (including chat and text).
6. Strong organizational and project management skills to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Ability to produce high-quality work on deadline.
8. Ability to work both collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to organize information for effective presentation in publications, websites, and other media.
10. Ability to generate communication campaigns from concept to conclusion including creative/design work, editorial, and technical components.
11. Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
12. Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, business, journalism, public relations or in another directly related field.
2. Four (4) years of professional or technical experience in marketing and/or marketing communications which must include:
- Experience working in a CRM environment with marketing automation tool.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and ClickDimensions marketing automation.
- Higher education experience.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Director of Employment and Employee Relations
1701 Wright St
Madison, WI 53704
Position Type: Support Staff
Posting Number: 20160603016
To apply, visit https://jobs.madisoncollege.edu/
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.