Ideal for students studying Nursing or a related field
Specialised/Disability Support Worker for a Child
Support staff: required for a young child with complex medical/health issues.
Training: paid training is provided by specialised nurses from a leading children’s hospital.
Shifts: Security of on-going rostered shifts
Position: this position requires minimum 12-month commitment
Work Type: Casual
Classification: Disability Support Worker
Wages: above the award (rate depending on qualifications & experience)
Lifestyle Centred Services is registered with DHHS & NDIS and is a client focused Disability Service Provider throughout Victoria. We specialise in providing support to children with complex medical care needs/palliative care & adults who have a disability. We are recognised in the industry for our high-quality service delivery to our clients and seek applicants who are enthusiastic, reliable with good work ethics, committed and passionate to provide the best quality support and care.
The position is to provide respite support in the family home to a young child who has complex medical/health issues. Due to the child’s condition, staff who are selected will undergo specific paid training into the care needs of the child. Lifestyle Centred Services looks at every candidate’s resume and their ability.
To be successful you will have:
- Reliable with good work ethics
- Passionate to provide the best quality care for a child
- Committed to a Person Centred Approach
Ideal previous experience would include but not limited to:
- Disability support worker
- Disability care worker
- Personal care worker
- Child related industry
- Child care assistance
- Health field workers
- Student nurse/paramedics
- Students in the Health care industry
- Community support worker
- A Police check and criminal clearance (current within the past 12 months). If you do not have a police check Lifestyle can arrange to forward you an on-line application.
- A current ‘Working’ status Working with Children Check (or prepared to obtain)
- Senior First Aid/CPR (or prepared to obtain upon employment).
Rostered on-going shifts
Only permanent residents need apply as the position requires a minimum 12-month commitment
To apply for the position please email your resume. Only suitable candidates will be contacted via email with an attached Application for Employment and a Position Description. Once these are returned staff will select the most suitable applicants for the client’s specific needs and you will be contacted by phone for a phone interview.
Note: please provide an email address on your resume as we will contact you directly
More Information – Please visit our webpage and social media below.
Linkedin – www.linkedin.comlifestylecentred.com.au
Job Type: Casual
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Disability Support Worker: 1 year (Preferred)
Licenses or certifications:
- Police Check (Required)
- Driver’s Licence (Preferred)
- First Aid Certificate (Required)