Director, Product Development (Skincare & Personal Care)
New York, NY
“With the launch of Scentbird in 2014, we changed up the subscription game by creating a smarter, faster and more efficient way to discover fragrance. A year later, we introduced Deck of Scarlet, collaborating with Youtube’s top beauty vloggers to offer limited-edition makeup palettes, packed with hyper-pigmented products, every other month. Since then, Scentbird has moved into private label bath + body as well as home fragrance, and will continue to expand our beauty universe with a team of thoughtful, innovative and inspiring individuals.
We’re looking for a high energy innovative leader to drive personal care and skincare product development from concept to customer-ready. The ideal candidate has experience working at a fast-paced dynamic beauty company and managing numerous outside suppliers. Most of all, this person is a resourceful self-starter and superb communicator with a true passion for product development and everything beauty.
- Identify creative, innovative and relevant product category opportunities to facilitate the continued growth of our portfolio
- Maintain firm grasp of competitive landscape, including the research of new ingredients, textures, formats, products and packaging to allow for next-level innovation
- Manage all phases of product development from ideation to launch. Utilize iterative development with both internal teams and external vendors.
- Lead internal communication with cross-functional partners as it relates to product briefs, formula evaluation, copy and claims, artwork and regulatory deliverables
- Cultivate strategic creative relationships with existing and new suppliers. Responsible for identifying new laboratories that match the company’s long term creative vision and operational requirements
- Monitor and maintain on-time and on-budget delivery of critical project milestones
- Provide project leadership and communicate updates across cross-functional teams and to senior management
- Prepare product positioning memos for marketing, education, PR detailing creative concept, product claims, key selling points and ingredient definitions.
- Direct and develop Product Development team, providing inspirational leadership in order to drive the development of the team, attract top talent, and align capabilities with current and future business needs
- 10+ years of direct experience in all product development stages from ideation to market for skincare and personal care (color a plus)
- Experience and strong relationships with domestic and international suppliers
- Perfectionist – the details matter
- Can-do, positive infectious attitude and leadership style
- Ability to roll up the sleeves and hit the ground running with limited resources
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Is a team player, flexible, resourceful and able to adapt to changes
- Ability to work in fast-paced, scrappy, often-changing collaborative environment
- Exceptional people manager, driving growth and high-performance in individuals and teams
We offer a very robust benefits package including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, in office snacks, catered lunches and off site events!
– original job
Please review all application instructions before applying to Scentbird.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed