Deputy Director for Bike Fleet Operations
Motivate International Inc. –
Motivate International, parent company of NYC’s Citi Bike, is the global bike share leader and a partner to governments and nonprofits in some of the largest cities in the world. We have unparalleled expertise in building and operating large, complex bike share systems.
Led by a group of seasoned urban visionaries, creative leaders and technology innovators, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We create safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
We also bring this ethos to the workplace. We encourage and value diversity, creativity, open communication, and a shared sense of responsibility all while having fun.
About Citi Bike
Bicycle sharing is a convenient, flexible, healthy and fun transportation option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Citi Bike, headquartered in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, is the nation’s largest bike share system. Citi Bike operates every aspect of the program, from repairing and rebalancing bikes, to maintaining the stations and docking points, to marketing the program and educating people about bike share. Citi Bike is in the midst of expansion and plans to grow from the original 6,000 bikes in 2014 to a total of 12,000 bikes by the end of 2017.
Overview of Position:
Are you passionate about making NYC a better place to visit, live in and move around in? Citi Bike seeks an energized, experienced Deputy Director for our Bike Fleet Operations to help make Citi Bike the best bike share system in the world and NYC’s favorite ride.
The Deputy Director of Bike Fleet Operations will directly support the Bike Fleet Director in overseeing all aspects of assembly, maintenance, and repair of the largest bike share fleet in North America. The Bike Fleet Deputy Operations Director will manage the day-to-day operations of bike shops located throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan and work with the Director to ensure the success of the department.
This position is based out of the Citi Bike Industry City office in Brooklyn but will require regular presence at multiple maintenance facilities around NYC. They will report directly to the Bike Fleet Operations Director. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with a proven track record of analyzing complex data and several years of managing teams in a fast-paced operation.
- Manage multiple bike shops that operate continuous shifts, 7 days a week in order to ensure that Citi Bikes are returned to operation in good condition as quickly as possible
- Oversee the collection and utilization of failure and repair data to achieve continuous improvement in fleet reliability and cost efficiency
- Help reorganize the repair process to effectively triage bike repairs in order to maximize shop throughput and take advantage of different mechanic skill levels and capacities
- Manage a team of Field Bike Mechanics, ensuring that bike inspection and repair goals are met and that field repairs are maximized
- Develop systems to predict and prevent common bike failures through design and operational changes
- Manage an inventory system for bicycle parts; work directly with Motivate Supply Chain managers to ensure parts are ordered in a timely manner for bike fleet production
- Maintain and enhance quality control procedures for all aspects of the bike shop operation
- Coordinate large scale training evolutions to enforce standardization of repairs throughout all bike fleet locations
- Lead hiring efforts throughout the year to ensure candidates are properly vetted
- Serve as a member of Citi Bike’s senior management team, supervise Managers and Assistant Managers, oversee safety within Bike Shops and field, and perform other tasks as directed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Results oriented, creativity, strong decision making skills and an ability to solve complex problems
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing large teams including scheduling, hiring, training, disciplining
- Ability to implement lean production processes and inventory management
- Proven ability to analyze complex data and processes
- Team Player able to work cross-functionally across all departments within Citi Bike
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and google suite
- SQL, database and data visualization skills preferred
- Job may require travel, weekend, and evening work
The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. From time to time, and related to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate’s Mission, employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Motivate is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Motivate is a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
– original job
Please review all application instructions before applying to Motivate International Inc..
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed