Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives – from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder’s Boston office is looking to add a Community Relations and Communications Professional.
We are looking for a creative individual with a desire to help the community, a strength in team collaboration, and a willingness to learn and professionally evolve. This position will be key in advancing projects and programs that protect human health and the environment and make positive improvements to the community.
This person would be interested in applying experience, communication skills and creativity to grow the Community Relations/Public Relations/Visual Communications (CRPR) services of the company, and provide input on ways to improve it.
The responsibilities of this job include being an integral part of project teams executing design and construction projects, primarily related to municipal and state infrastructure. This would include Community Outreach and Engagement (ie:Develop and implement stakeholder and community engagement strategies for planning, design or construction projects, etc.), Community Meetings/Events (ie: Collaborate with team for event logistics such as purchasing food, coordinating music, and required permitting, etc.), Community/Public Relations (CRPR) Sector Growth/Business Development (ie:Work with Community Relations team on CRPR proposals and initiatives, review and update existing website content of CRPR sector, while exploring opportunities for introducing Visual Communications sector content, etc.) and Visual Communications (VC) (ie:Provide requested input/verbal assistance to Project Managers and the Senior CRPR Professional on VC projects., Collaborate with project teams on evolving project communications and graphic designs, by providing verbal input on design layout and/or writing content assistance, etc.).
- 5-6 years of related experience;
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college in Communication, Public Relations, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Strong organizational, time management, communication and writing skills
- Proven ability to work within a team
- Proven capability of being well organized, energetic, takes initiative and ability to get things done
- Individuals with a construction or municipal public works background very desirable
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications software preferred.
- Understanding of construction and the associated intensity and impacts on the community is a considerable plus
- Ability to work with technical teams to present detailed information in easily understandable, publicly consumable formats.
- Ideally, applicant would have a graphic eye, and/or a willingness to provide verbal input/ideas on advancing visual marketing pieces, developed by or in conjunction with the graphics team.
- A desire to share ideas, offer constructive opinions, and improve on existing protocols is encouraged.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.