Collections Database Manager
Salary Classification: Clerk Grade 5/6 ($48,821 – $53,868 prorated) with a total remuneration package up to $59,713 per annum
Employment Status: Ongoing Part Time (3 days per week) with a potential to go full time.
Location: Sydney CBD
About the Australian Museum
For more information, visit the website.
The Australian Museum Research Institute (AMRI) Division is comprised of the following five Branches: Life Science, Digital Collections and Citizen Science, Lizard Island Research Station, Materials Conservation and Australian Centre for Wildlife Genomics.
For more information, visit the following sites:
- Australian Museum Research Institute
- Australian Museum Science Research Strategy
About the role
The Australian Museum committed to building a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultures and people with a disability.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate;
- Tertiary degree or equivalent experience in information technology or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated advanced skills, experience and expertise in database manipulation and management preferably in a Museum or natural history context.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a database environment including databasing and data import, data reporting and access, and creating and implementing data standards.
- Demonstrated experience with managing large datasets preferably of a taxonomic and/or ecological nature.
- Adequate knowledge and experience in order to deliver the Key Accountabilities and perform to the Focus Capabilities outlined in the Role Description.
For more information please download the Role Description and visit Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
Applicants must submit:
- A one to two page covering letter which addresses the above essential requirements
Please submit your attachments as PDF and only applications submitted through iworkNSW will be considered.
The Australian Museum welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability. Please indicate if you have any accessibility requirements in your application or speak with the contact person should you be called for an interview. We provide reasonable adjustment for people with a disability during the recruitment process and on employment.
Total Remuneration Package: $59,713 pro-rated. Package includes salary ($48,821 – $53,868) pro-rated, employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.