Banner Mitre 10 is a proud, family owned and operated
South Australian hardware supply network of stores.
- Join our winning team of over 200 staff across 10 sites in South Australia
- Be part of a family owned company, established over 36 years ago
- Great customer service position
- Benefit from staff assistance programmes, staff discounts, opportunities to train to diploma level + bonus day off to celebrate your birthday
Great opportunity for a customer focused Building Supplies Sales Assistant to join our Trade team located at our Mt Barker site.
For over 36 years our family and staff have been servicing builders and tradies in South Australia.
Our people are committed to providing our customers with high levels of service and ensuring we provide the solutions needed on a project. Industry trained and experienced, we have specialists in each department who are willing to help where required.
With a network of hardware and building supplies stores, truss and frame manufacturing plants, a distribution centre and a home selection centre we offer a diverse range of career opportunities!
As a Building Supplies Sales Assistant, you will be the face of the business, a clear communicator, highly approachable and an effective team player. You will deliver excellent customer service, develop strong relationships with customers and be focused on stock and presentation.
This is a permanent part-time position and is available for an immediate start. Must have the ability to work across a 7-day roster.
- Provide GREAT service and advise customers on products and services
- Build relationships with customers and be able to identify their needs
- Liaise and build relationships with suppliers
- Prepare customer quotes
- Manage stock levels, minimise shrinkage and stock loss
- Maintain correct stock tickets
- Perform stock refill
- Dock or machine timber
- WHS and housekeeping
- Adhere to administrative requirements
Requires skills and attributes:
- Sales and trade background
- Knowledge of timber and building supplies products
- Ability to identify and prioritise requirements
- Well-developed written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work within a team
- Excellent time management ability
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport quickly
- The ability to set and maintain procedures and workflows
- Strong understanding of WHS requirements
- Excellent computer skills
- Forklift licence desirable
- Current drivers licence required
We extend a high level of autonomy to our people and believe our company is a friendly and rewarding place to work.
Our people enjoy the benefits of a staff assistance programme, generous staff discounts, opportunities to train to diploma level and the bonus of a paid day off to celebrate their birthday.
Please submit a combined cover letter and resume telling us about yourself, your career achievements and why you see yourself working in the Banner Mitre 10 Hardware Group.
To learn more about Banner Mitre 10 visit www.bannermitre10.com.au
- we want to hear from you!