Breakfast Restaurant Kitchen Manager Another Broken Egg Cafe
$39,000 – $43,000 a year
A great new opportunity to explore your culinary passions and work as a daytime kitchen manager. At Another Broken Egg Cafe you’ll never have to work a night shift allowing for a lifestyle change and more time with friends and family.
Another Broken Egg Cafe is daytime breakfast and brunch cafe which closes at 2pm.
New Cafe: Coming soon to the Tanger Outlet Mall in Pooler, GA, just outside Savanah, GA.
Benefits: Insurance + Vacation
Summary of Responsibilities*
Responsible for optimizing profits by controlling food cost, labor and increase sales through food quality, speed of service, and portioned food preparation according to approved methods. Supervises the execution of and oversees all kitchen operations, Full knowledge of the menu, recipes, inventories & processes is essential.
*Position requires six weeks of training in Miramar Beach, FL. All expenses for Florida training are paid by the employer.
- Manages shift responsibilities for the kitchen that include daily decision making, staff support, scheduling and planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Manages kitchen staff and provide employees with positive and negative feedback and takes appropriate actions.
- Maintains a work environment free of harassment, discrimination and foul language and promotes a positive, healthy and professional atmosphere.
- Controls food cost by properly ordering products, approving all food invoicing, and continually monitoring vendor pricing.
- Ensures recipes are updated and monitors recipe adherence throughout kitchen. Keeps prep book clean and organized. Performs plate costing of all recipes annually.
- Completes prep sheets daily before close of business to be utilized the following day. Prep sheets should contain the quantity of product “on-hand” as well as the appropriate quantity to be prepped.
- Complete daily line check to ensure food quality and recipe adherence.
- Maintain kitchen and work zone sanitation, complete a physical walk through with general manager daily
- Ensures a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents through preventative maintenance and maintaining kitchen equipment.
- Verifies accident reports are completed immediately in the event of accident or injury of kitchen employee. The Restaurant Owner is notified promptly for further investigation.
- Interview all back of the house hourly employees, ensuring employees hired meet Another Broken Egg of America, Inc., standards.
- Conduct new employee orientation, job training and ensure ongoing development of staff.
- Develop back of the house employees through training and meetings. Enforces employee uniform, cleanliness and personal hygiene standards.
- Prepares and trains employees for new menu implementations and provides direction on operational/ procedural issues.
- Provides ongoing feedback to kitchen staff and follow up to ensure effective guidance.
- Manages and schedules kitchen staff as required. Ensures proper staffing levels for kitchen shifts are scheduled appropriately for seasonal changes.
- Schedule must be posted for employees by Friday of each week.
- Provides labor cost projection and staffing pars, based on written schedule, to General Manager for review prior to posting schedule.
- Additionally, all employees will have completed duties and “clocked out” prior to the Kitchen Manager leaving the premises.
- Has working knowledge of all equipment in the kitchen, including pilot lighting of all gas fired equipment, filter changing of all refrigeration systems & vent hood system operations.
- Keeps Owner or General Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Creates a positive working environment with positive actions.
- Performs all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Seeks continued growth and development, supports change and keeps job knowledge current. Looks for improvement and seeks out new responsibilities.
- Responsible for timely reporting and completion of any projects or tasks given.
- Position requires 50 to 60 hours of work per week.
- Scheduling requirements for General Managers’ are 5 days per week, followed by 6 days per week, worked in rotation. Flexibility in arranging days on/off to meet appropriate business demands is required as an understanding that occasionally necessity requires a KM to work on a scheduled day off. ABE is not responsible for providing a “make-up” day to replace any lost time.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Minimum 2 years operations experience.
- Upon completion of training, must be validated in all positions in the restaurant.
- Must possess a State approved Sanitation & Safety certification.
- Knowledge of PC to fulfill kitchen management functions.
- Prior knowledge and experience in purchasing.
- Proficient in the following areas: Communications, Mentoring, Planning, Leadership, and Quality of Operations.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks, such as purchasing, receiving, and storing food products while maintaining required standards of operation in daily kitchen activities.
- Must make sound business decisions concerning labor, employee relations, staffing and training.
- Must be able to interview and determine suitability based on experience and qualifications of back of the house job applicants.
Influence on Costs and Sales
- Adherence to company standards and service levels in turn increases sales and minimizes costs.
- Proper inspections of local food purveyors, use of correct products, minimize potential food waste and optimize food cost.
- Monitor and register any incoming invoices for cost reductions.
- Projection and accuracy of daily labor controls.
- Submitting a completed schedule with projected labor cost for the upcoming week to General Manager for review by Friday each week.
- Monitoring daily labor and staff attendance records daily by reviewing all kitchen employees’ time keeping records.
- Monitor daily and monthly sales and labor and discuss projections and comparisons to previous year with General Manager.
- Responsible for accurate inventory counts on assigned days, detailed review of counts and ensuring count sheet pricing reflects actual, current costs.
- Continual repair and maintenance planning & implementing with kitchen equipment.
- Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and meet all hourly qualification standards.
- Able to communicate clearly and respond promptly to needs of guest, employees and consistently handle disciplinary actions.
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
- Neatly dressed, well-groomed and proper management attire.
- Able to successfully resolve guest complaints and employee relations difficulties.
- Must have reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,000.00 to $43,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,000.00 to $43,000.00 /year
- Kitchen Operations: 2 years
Please review all application instructions before applying to Another Broken Egg Cafe.
This employer accepts applications via Indeed.
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed