Banking Officer/Bookkeeper NRMA Motoring & Services
Reporting to an approachable and supportive manager (Senior Financial Accountant) you will have ownership and responsibility for the banking function of the Manly Fast Ferries. The role will encompass the full end to end banking duties for your portfolio. The successful candidate will be able to utilise their previous experience to improve on current processes and procedures.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- On a daily basis, review receipt in eack bank account by way of interface and process/review any cash receipt not interfaced
- Prepare and submit all required GL journals
- Perform bank reconciliation
- Communication of all system and accounting based issues to the Senior Financial Accountant where deemed necessary on a timely basis
- Liaison with wider finance, treasury and other business units to assist with their banking queries and requirements on a timely basis.
- Administration of online banking including accounts, authorizers, cheque signatories as and when required;
- Assist Senior Treasury analyst in ad hoc project and admin tasks;
- Liaise with relevant banks on bank administrative tasks; and
- Other ad hoc work as assigned by the CFO team in reviewing or developing accounting processes, analysing/evaluating performance and facilitating decision making.
The successful candidate will be a real team player, with the ability to also work autonomously when required. We are looking for a great trouble shooter, who can also think outside the box. You will also demonstrate the following:
- 2 years previous banking experience (desirable)
- Very good processing, querying and reconciliation skill
- Accomplished in the use of MYOB, AP invoice processing, Customer Invoicing and processing Journals
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Have a fairly good level of accounting skills
- Be able to work independently
- Previous experience in a medium to large organisation
- Ability to cope with a high volume of work whilst balancing participation in project work
- Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be prepared to travel
Note : The role will be full time for first 2 – 3 week and then after that it would be only 3 days a week based at Wynyard.
The NRMA is Australia’s largest membership organisation, with over 2.4 million Members across NSW and the ACT.
Our legendary roadside…