Reporting to the Technical Director of MiCiV (Microsoft, Citrix and Virtualization), this highly visible position will be responsible for design and implementation engineering for ZeroDay clientele, of small to medium sized businesses up to Enterprise. The Solutions Engineer is involved with solution design, consultation, migration, relocation, administration, and troubleshooting in environments anywhere from 100 to 100,000 users or more, across multiple locations.
- Delighting customers by successfully executing technological initiatives according to agreed upon expectations both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrating excellent communications discipline throughout the project lifecycle. Escelating risks to work schedule, scope, and financial performance clearly until escalations have been acknowledged.
- Working closely with Sales and Account Management team members to grow customer relationships and win new business with existing and new customers.
- Continual self-development and education regarding existing and emerging technologies, products, and solutions.
- Demonstrating exemplorary reliability and punctuality in all situations, including reporting to a ZeroDay office, a customer location, or working from home.
- Participate in and or/lead projects by performing assigned duties.
- Participate and/or lead presales, discovery and design consultation with customers and partners
- Support Presales Team in developing bills of materials and quotes by providing technical requirements.
- Design customized solutions specific to customer environment/needs and implement solutions independently; as a team lead, or team member
- Travel to partners and customers as needed.
- Act as escalation point for the Managed Services Practice and close support tickets as assigned.
- Enter all notes and time worked into the helpdesk system.
- Provide daily updates for all projects.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation as needed.
- Continually take self-paced training in technologies relevant to the team.
- Obtain and maintain industry certifications on a consistent basis.
- Offer flexible availability for after-hours work.
- Work closely with Project Managers for professional delivery of projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS:
The Systems Engineer has at least 10 years of experience both performing technical work and providing technology-related guidance and solving business problems with technology. The appropriate candidate will demonstrate meaningful hands-on experience and\or product knowledge in the following areas:
Core Technical Skills: (Must Have All)
- Windows Server Platform
- Exchange Server (2007 – 2013)
- Active Directory & Group Policy
- Systems Center Configuration Manager
- VMWare VSphere\Vcenter
- Windows Workstation Professional Versions
- Office 365 (Exchange Online Features)
- Server Hardware
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Route/Switch for Small Business
- Firewalls for Small Business
- Corporate Antivirus
- Corporate Backups
- Remote Desktop Services
- Corporate VPN’s for Small Business
- Microsoft Office Products
- Load Balancing
Highly Preferred Technical Skills: (Must Have at Least 1)
- Azure Infrastructure
- Skype for Business (Formerly Lync)
- SQL Server
- Active Directory Forest Migration with and without 3rd party tools.:
- Identity Management (FIM/MIM)
- Citrix Xen product line and Netscaler
- Lync Enterprise Voice
- VMWare VCloud
- Hyper-V with SCVMM
Additional Technical Skills of Value:
- SharePoint Infrastructure
- CCNA or equivalent route\switch
- VDI and Application Virtualization platforms (Microsoft, Horizon View, etc..)
- Storage, Storage Networking, and Compute Platforms: EMC, NetApp, UCS-B, Pure, Atlantis, HP, IBM, XtremIO, Nexus 5k & 7k
Success Factors/job competencies
- Detailed Oriented
- Time Management – the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem solving
- Strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent typing skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Commitment to company values
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with Project Management methodologies.
- 5 Years consulting \ solution architecting \ presales
- 10 years employment in the IT services industry
Job Type: Full-time
👋 We recommend using Indeed Prime. When you sign up, your profile will receive immediate exposure to leading companies looking for talent. They even offer free job assistance from one of their dedicated career coaches to help you find your dream job. It’s a completely free service, so check it out and begin exploring amazing job opportunities. Get this opportunity now!