The Associate Regional Manager assists in the overall day-to-day management of assigned practices owned or managed by St. Luke’s Physician Group. Provides support to established practices with new and existing SLUHN initiatives as directed by Regional Director. Assists with new practice start ups, practice relocations and practice consolidations by coordinating with the necessary departments within the network, as appropriate.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Regional Director and Regional Medical Directors in managing all operational aspects of assigned St. Luke’s Physician Group entities.
- Assists Director with personnel administration including recruitment, attendance and approval, grievance resolution and evaluations in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings with Practice Administrators, office staff and physicians regarding specifics office operations as requested by Regional Manager.
- Assists with the integration of newly acquired practices into the network.
- Helps to develop staff to maintain office operations independently, with minimal supervision.
- Assists in design of new offices and the logistics associated with relocations and practice moves.
- Coordinates regional practice administrator meetings quarterly and assisting in development of the agenda. Canvasses Practice Admininstrators and Managers for topic suggestions.
- Assists with organizing monthly physician CME meetings
- Works with the Regional Director to coordinate capital purchasing through purchasing system of St. Luke’s Hospital.
- Monitors financial performance and quality compliance monthly. Identifies practice issues that impact these metrics and brings those issues to the attention of director along with potential solutions. Helps to coordinate billing functions through Physician Billing and Enrollments to optimize reimbursement.
- Assists in the introduction and successful coordination of network initiatives that staff and physician education as required to maintain optimal procedure coding.
- Coordinate participation with insurances accepted by St. Luke’s Physician Group.
- Responsible for facility management of all owned facilities. Act as liaison with landlord for leased facilities.
- Works with Directors and physicians as necessary in scheduling practice hours for efficient office operation.
- Participates in development of annual budgets for St. Luke’s Physician Group offices.
- In conjunction with St. Luke’s Physician Group administration, physicians and staff develop and implement short and long range goals and marketing strategies for practices and St. Luke’s Physician Group.
- Reviews financial and statistical reports with Director monthly and develops work plans as appropriate to meet budgetary goals
- Carries out the above responsibilities in such a way so as to promote a positive, supportive and creative culture within St. Luke’s Physician Group and St. Luke’s Hospital and Health Network.
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting for up to seven hours per day, 3.5 hours at a time. Standing for up to four hours per day, three hours at a time. Requires regular fingering, handling, and twisting. Occasionally requires lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasionally requires reaching above shoulder level. Must have the ability to hear as it relates to normal conversation, and to see as it relates to general vision. Also requires regular travel between offices.
MOST COMPLEX DUTY: Raising productivity to meet budget.
SUPERVISION (RECEIVED BY AND/OR GIVEN TO): Supervised by Regional Director. Supervises Practice Administrators.
COMMUNICATIONS: Communicates regularly with physicians, staff, general public, department managers and sales representatives.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be well organized with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s in Health or Business Administration is preferred. Master’s in Health Administration or Business would be ideal.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Three to five years’ similar experience. Previous management of a large primary care or multi-primary care offices preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke’s!!