The Resource Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in non-payroll spend management. Through the Integrated Change Management Model, The Resource Group delivers value through change management, operations and logistics, sourcing and contracting, analytics, and continuous process improvement.
This model challenges the status quo by:
Developing an innovative new approach to contracting, where practicing caregivers from our Participants guide all decision-making, and products and services are contracted for based on attributes rather than brand preference
- Standardizing and optimizing operations and logistics by closing warehouses, improving inventory management, and improving operational key performance indicators
- Elevating resource and supply management from the basement to the boardroom by recruiting top talent from a multitude of industries beyond healthcare
The collective implementation of these components has delivered over $1 billion in annual savings, improving Ascension’s Supply Expense as a percent of Net Patient Service Revenue from a baseline of 19.6% in FY2007 to 15.5% in FY2017.
This success enabled The Resource Group to expand outside of Ascension to serve all healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves 2,500 locations including 160 acute care hospitals across 24 states and Washington D.C.
The Associate Manager of Operations manages the daily operations of the Supply Chain Management department.
Ensures that all services and activities regarding distribution are carried out accurately and in a timely manner. Serves as liaison to achieve departmental goals.
- Manages staff relations, including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations.
- Performs ongoing assessment, review and update of departmental procedures, processes and workflow to produce high-quality, cost-effective delivery of products and services. Implements improvement plans based on the Director’s approval.
- Provides project management for product conversions or other initiatives within the organization.
- Document and communicate common processes for all distribution functions across Ascension Health. Communicate opportunities for improvement in the distribution network and help determine key metrics and provide recommendations to guide management. Assist in the development and alignment among operational policies, procedures and ongoing improvement projects. Assist with developing and rolling out growth strategies and projects. Determine feasibility of projects factoring costs, available space, schedule limitations, company goals, technical requirements and economic factors.
- Ensures coordination and implementation of all supply contracts with The Resource Group.
- Supervises operational direct reports, provides a format for growth and development of supervisors and oversees all activities of hospital supply chain operations staff.
- Oversees management of all inventory management and requesting processes.
- Conducts performance improvement activities are developed to monitor, evaluate and promote improvements in the quality of services provided by the department.
The position requires a Baccalaureate degree.
- An educational focus in business, business administration, health administration, marketing, engineering, logistics, supply chain, or operations is preferred.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
Two (2) years experience in healthcare supply chain, purchasing, healthcare, or other closely related field is required.
- Computer skills required, supervisory experience, supply chain legacy operating system experience is preferred.
- Certification with ISM, APICS, Healthcare Resource Management, CPM, or CPIM a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
(link to E-verify site)
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed