Directs the operation of an assigned unit by performing the following duties.
These include the following:
- Assist in the achievement of budgeted sales and profits.
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOPrestaurant hourly employees, Corporate and Regional employees, and guests.
- Implement Craft Training program for all restaurant hourly employees to improveunit operations and the guest experience.
- Assist in the execution of annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest serviceand human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit, as definedby the current IHOP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the currentoperations plan.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations which are applicable to assigned unit.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and retention of employees as defined by thecurrent SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
- Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen, andmiscellaneous supplies.
- Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure andpremises according to federal regulations and the SOP.
- Ensure safety and sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state,and local regulations and the SOP.
- Ensure security practices as defined by the SOP.
- Assist in completion of all required reports and paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Directly supervise craft employees at assigned unit. Assist General Manager with the overalldirection, coordination, and evaluation of Company unit. Carries out supervisoryresponsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;addressing complaints and resolving problems. Keep the General Manager informed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years relatedexperience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operatingand maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports andcorrespondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or restaurantemployees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to drawand interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables instandardized situations.
A valid Drivers License will be necessary to drive a car on Company business.
Certification through IHOP training courses as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by anemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk,and sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear;and taste or smell. The employee regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds andoccasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those anemployee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is exposed to fumes orairborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and isexposed frequently to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally is exposed towet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and riskof radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Address: 4707 N 72nd Street Omaha, NE – 68134
Property Description: 5338 – N 72nd Street – Omaha, NE
Property Number: 5338