The Residence Inn, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn & Suites, and Hampton Inn, in Loveland is looking for an enthusiastic Area Sales Manager to be a part of our growing team.
About our Hotels:
We are part of the Marriott & Hilton Family of Brands and is managed by Stonebridge Companies. We are distinguished hospitality leaders in our industry and take great pride this. We are located just a few miles from the stunning Rocky Mountains and many other tourist attractions.
If you take hospitality to heart and love making someone’s day, you are in the right place! At Residence Inn by Marriott you can share what inspires you and help others discover the world as they go. For more information about our Hotel and brand please visit:
Some of our benefits:
- Opportunities for career growth
- Discounted Hotel rooms
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Eligibility: 30 days after hire)
- 401(k) retirement plan offered after 6 months, eligible for company match at 1 year
- Free Life Insurance to all Full Time Associates
- Short term disability, accident insurance and cancer coverage
- Life assistance program
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Discounted meal program
- Anniversary Pay
- Holiday Pay
And much more!
The AREA SALES MANAGER will generate group business in designated market segment and maximize revenue profitability using proactive sales activities in accordance with established hotel brand standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling.
- Improve hotel visibility by conducting outside sales calls/blitzes, attending trade shows and market segment related events
- Design and deliver marketing promotions and campaigns involving direct mail, social media, ads, etc.
- Meet or exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual targeted sales goals and profit margins
- Maintain an active list of accounts to ensure continuous relationship development
- Develop and execute monthly focused and aggressive action plans
- Communicate with internal business partners on upcoming group needs, VIP clients, meeting functions.
- Maintain and secure repeat business through client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and trends in market, particularly amongst competitor set.
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Associate follows corporate and hotel brand standards.
- Willing to take an unpopular stand if necessary when complying with policies.
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
- Identifies areas that would improve the operation and generates suggestions.
- Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Manages assignments and responsibilities without becoming overwhelmed.
- Strives to increase productivity.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS :
Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible management experience in Group Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel; OR 4 year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and 5 years of experience in Sales within a 200+ room full-service hotel or related professional area.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions. Experience with SalesPro and Hilton OnQ is preferred.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals throughout the day
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
- Walk more than 1/3 of the time
- Sit more than 2/3 of the time
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel 10% percentage of time
- Reach with hands and arms 25 % of time
- Talk or hear 75% of time
- Lift up to 10 lbs.
- Push / pull up to 10 lbs.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.