- Temporary Part Time opportunity (Two days per week with the possible extension to three days per week
- Wollongong location
- This role is targeted for people with a disability
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join the NSW Maritime Division at Roads and Maritime Services. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for providing high level administrative and clerical support to our senior management team, including the management and coordination of administrative processes.
You will be required to:
- Coordinate and maintain senior managers’ diaries, managing competing priorities, arranging meetings and monitor email and telephone calls on their behalf.
- Organise branch meetings, workshops and seminars, including preparing Agendas and Minutes. Arranging venues, overseeing catering and confirming attendees.
- Efficiently manage the workflow correspondence tracking system including related protocols and procedures in an extremely confidential setting.
- Develop spreadsheets, presentations and other documentation, drafting correspondence and maintaining accurate document control management records to support General Manager .
- Provide support through the procurement of goods and services, administration of budgets and monitoring expenses, labour hire and processing invoices and payments.
We are looking for a true administrative professional. You have a methodical approach; you possess great attention to detail and are adaptable and flexible in your approach when meeting the needs of the business.
You are highly organised, can plan and prioritise and communicate effectively and able to manage your workload in order to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic yet friendly and respectful working environment.
If you genuinely seek a role that brings with it diversity, the opportunity for you to be able to think on your feet and make your mark, then we are eager to hear from you.
For more information on this position, view the role description here.
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia’s leading public sector agencies, with more than 5,500 employees and an annual budget of $5.5 billion.
As part of Transport for NSW we are responsible for implementing strategic and essential frontline services to the people of NSW who use roads, harbours and waterways.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to transport operations and road safety in New South Wales.
When you join Roads and Maritime Services, you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that offers generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
As the key agency in NSW for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our staff to reach their full potential.
Remuneration Package: RMS Maritime Officer Level 7 ($78,393), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Transport please click here.
Our commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life and at Transport for NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
This role is targeted for people with disability and exemption is claimed under Clause 26 of the Government Sector Employment (General) Rules 2014 and is applicable to Section 21 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1997, NSW
People with disability are encouraged to apply and greater consideration will be given to applicants with a disability, in order to improve access to employment and career opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level clerical and administrative services.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter and answer the two targeted questions (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
- Please outline your experience in planning and prioritising procurement?
- Give an example of your role that you have played in a project what did you do and what was the outcome?
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here or for more information on site Roads & Maritime please click on link provided.
Applications close: 11.59pm, Monday 7 May 2018
- Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration Package: RMS Maritime Officer Level 7 ($78,393 pro rata), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation.